“Very nice place to stay in Austin TX”

Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
“Very nice place to stay in Austin TX”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is new. The rooms were nice and the breakfast was fantastic. It was reasonably priced and located near the lake. The room was very open and clean. I do not usually comment but this met my expectations and I will certainly return in the future. Keith McKinney from Louisville, KY.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank Keith F. M
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Hi Keith F. M,

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and staff. It is our goal to offer a world class experience to all of our guests. I am thrilled to see that our hard work has paid off! It was a pleasure meeting you while you were here and we hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!!

Ragards,

Cory Armer
512-735-5555

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Azle, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Staff was friendly and give us a great suggestion for a restaurant with a view. Bed comfy with quality linens. Only reason I didn't gives this a five was the express breakfast. Fake eggs, sausage was horrible, bacon not done. I think they try but the food is obviously cooked in a microwave not fresh on site. I would just get rid of that part and offer the rest of the stuff like cereal and bagels and perhaps have a nice fruit bar.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dRicheyJune2011
texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for a quick getaway.
1. The price was cheaper at the desk than online, but the desk man made me feel like he had to squeeze me in when the hotel was practically empty.
2. Beds were clean and comfy, but the blackout curtains do not have the option to close, only the sheer curtains cover the whole window which made it difficult to sleep in and take a day nap.
3. They had a hot tub and cute cabanas outside with towels, but it took 5 towels to dry off 2 people because they were quite small.
4. Loved the bathroom flooring, but after brushing my teeth and washing my face I found a huge black pubic hair on the hand/face towel.
Not a bad place, it just had some quirks.

Room Tip: Pick a third floor room because you can hear the people above you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear ladynfamous,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the bed and bathroom.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service from our front desk. We will address these concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights and thought the hotel was clean and comfortable. The front desk was very friendly and helped reccomend different restaraunts in town . Stay here you will like it a lot. I dont know what else to say..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Jmia,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback. I am glad our team was able to help you find places for you to visit while you were here. We take great pride in our service to our guests. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!!

Regards,

Cory Armer
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Still has that new hotel smell. :) I stay in hotels all the time for business. Most of the time it seems like I'm dealing with robots when I am there. Not here. I was there for 5 days. Every time I came down, it seems everyone knew my name. Might be silly, but I appreciate that. The rooms was great. It had modern, fresh décor and smelled great, unlike a lot of other hotels I have been in. This was my first time here and this is definitely my "go-to" spot when I am back in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool area are awesome!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days. All I can say is that I love this hotel. It's hands down the best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing here. The rooms are spacious, always clean, huge LCDs, and the breakfast was always abundant. What I love about this hotel is that anything I needed the staff was on top of. I travel a lot, but an not familiar with the area, the staff was so helpful in choosing restaurants and fun activities after I got off of work. My wife and kids met me here, and they were all equally impressed. I will definitely come back here next time I am in town. Oh I forgot to mention the décor... just check out the pics online.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra cash! 2 TVs :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Decided to stay in Austin instead of baring the ice storm on my way to Dallas. It took no time at all to make a reservation, the front desk agent was professional and quick, and the bed was so comfortable! This hotel went above and beyond my expectations. The room was large, the standing shower was amazing, nice tv, clean and cozy bed, and I really appreciated the nice hair dryer (instead of the ones that are hooked into the wall and make your hair all frizzy).

The breakfast on my way out was amazing and everything was already taken care of on the way out.

If you are looking for a nice stay with above and beyond customer service, stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lakeway!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Hotel Granduca Austin
#5 of 203 in Austin
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW - Four Points

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lakeway? Share your experiences!