Lakeway Resort and Spa
US$134
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$214
TripAdvisor
US$136
US$179
US$142
Agoda.com
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$107
US$214
US$179
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$217
1,130 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffethill countryfire pitfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Eventhough its under renovation, I still had a wonderful experience. Very freindly and kind people. The resturant was pretty good, I had a burger to die for. The managers happy hour wasn't too bad it self. I would come back without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2014
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review of your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate the compliments to our staff and restaurant. We are almost complete with the guest room renovations and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at the resort for ten days in January . The charming lodge style spa hotel is built on a lakeshore. Perfect for a relaxing getaway. This is our third time here, but first in a newly renovated stylish room with a breath taking view of the lake. The place is exceptionally clean with first class service. The hotel staff is very friendly. Even though the renovation our stay was excellent.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of the lake
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

We sincerely thank you for the 5 star review and for your compliments of the resort and staff. We are continually improving the resort which includes completely new guest rooms. I’m so pleased to read you enjoyed your ten day stay and I’d like to personally welcome you back to the resort, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My stay here was amazing. The staff was friendly and on top of everything. The establishment was under renovation when I was there but even despite this my stay there was more than I could hope for. I can't wait to go back once their work there is complete.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We are in the final stages of completing the guest room remodeling and I’m pleased to read that despite the renovations you had an exceptional visit. I’d like to personally welcome you back to the resort, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

First bad sign was when we saw a toilet sitting on the second story balcony on the front of the hotel. When we checked in, we were told they are renovating (no indication of that on the travel site or their website when we booked). Due to the renovations, there will be constant drilling and no water from 10am to 6pm (check out is noon.. good luck sleeping in though with the drilling). The only bathroom the hotel guests could use was across the parking lot in 30 degree weather. It was the offseason so the hotel was pretty empty.. but of course the room we got was right below the construction. I had previously used their website to request a "welcome package" of champagne / strawberries, but nothing was set up when we arrived. The room we got was one of the "newly renovated" rooms, but it wasnt much better than a low end Mariott. The shower curtain was too small and let water pools of water on the floor. The towels and robes were awfully cheap for a "resort". No mini-fridge, which is typically a standard in most rooms these days. We decided to try their "pizza deal", which had so much garlic on it that it burned your mouth and just stunk up the room. We had to hurry and get up the next morning (water turns off at 10), but only got luke warm water at best out of the shower. When we checked out, the whole lobby smelled like sewage, presumably from the renovations.

I am typically a pretty laid back person and rarely ever right reviews.. but this place was borderline criminal. Did I mention they charged us a $25 resort fee? These folks clearly don't care about their guests comfort.. I can't imagine a few renovations will change that in the slightest.

Room Tip: A room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoolhardyHiker

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent experience at Lakeway Resort and Spa. I personally discuss all guest reviews with our staff to take immediate action to correct the situation. I sincerely apologize for the noise due to the renovations and for the water on your bathroom floor. Both items have been corrected and I will speak to our Director of F&B regarding the pizza. We are almost complete with the guest room renovations and our staff is making every attempt to notify guests before their arrival. While our feedback is generally positive, we hope to have an opportunity to win back your business. It is our goal to provide superior customer service to all our guests and I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss your stay, bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed one night here and absolutely loved it! We were very impressed with the cleanliness and design of the newly renovated rooms. Ours ended up overlooking Lake Travis - I definitely suggest requesting a lakeside room if possible, the balcony is spacious and peaceful. The rooms are modern and welcoming. They even offer a complimentary happy hour from 5-6 every day! We loved the fitness center and the whirlpool hot tub overlooking Lake Travis. I could see the pool area getting packed during the summer; needless to say, it wasn't crowded at all this past weekend, which was perfect. We would highly recommend this resort - great service, amenities, and design. All in all, a 5 out of 5!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie M
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the resort. We sincerely appreciate the compliments to our staff, the amenities and our newly renovated guest rooms. I would like to personally welcome you back to the resort. Please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com. We’ll see you soon!