Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
US$134
US$136
US$180
US$142
Agoda.com
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$179
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
1,134 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffethill countryfire pitfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed at Lakeway Resort on our way to a wedding and needed a manicure and pedicure. I called the spa and Marie was very accommodating and got me an appointment with Kayla the next morning before leaving. She was so nice and made sure that my mani/pedi was perfect. I am looking forward to coming back and spending a weekend with my husband and utilizing the spa. Everybody was so nice that worked there. Great job!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your review of San Saba Spa at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We appreciate the compliments to our staff and I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your service. We look forward to you coming back with your husband and spending more time at the spa.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We absolutely love the resort, the people, and the charm that it offers. The remodeled rooms are exceptional, the pool area is fantastic, the food and drinks are excellent and well priced. The views from the lake view rooms are great to wake up to, and the happy hour at their "back porch", offering free beer & wine and snacks is a nice touch each day. The staff is truly excellent. Everyone was beyond helpful, and seemingly in a great mood. If you are looking for a resort that doesn't have that "cookie cutter" feel to it, Lakeway is the place to go. There is so much charm with this hotel, and the grounds are beautiful and enjoyable to spend time in. The dinner menu at Masterson's is very good, and the quality of the food is excellent. The filet that I had was mouth watering and perfectly cooked. Seemingly every space in this hotel has excellent views, including the restaurant, the bar area, the happy hour space, etc. We've stayed twice over the past 6 months, and are staying there again over Memorial Day weekend. It's a great place to unwind.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms with balconies are ideal. The views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for your overwhelming positive review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. It is our goal to provide superior customer service to all our guests and in every aspect of the resort. We sincerely appreciate the compliments to our staff and our popular amenities including the pool, restaurant, guest happy hour and new guest rooms. I would like to personally thank you for your returning business, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com. We look forward to seeing you Memorial Day Weekend.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is truely a lovely hotel, well situated and positioned. The rooms are large, and I had a lake view with balcony which was outstanding. I really liked the feel that showed it was not a big chain, cookie cutter inspired decor and rooms, there was real character and it felt much nicer than chain hotels do. I only did breakfast in the hotel which was good, and there was a NFL alumni do going on one night which was interesting. The only downside would be the Lake which is unfortunately not very full, however that takes nothing away from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate the review of your recent stay. Lakeway Resort and Spa is situated in the beautiful Texas Hill Country with gorgeous views of the surrounding area. Thank you for your patronage and we hope you to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went to Austin for my oldest friends son wedding which was at the lakeway Spa & Resort.
The setting, amenities are great and would like to plan a getaway week end and go back!

The people who work there could not be any nicer!

The lake is so fun and even went paddle boarding.

Gum, pool and spa are great.

Totally suggest getting a blow dry or any servicer from Kayla!

she is excellent and has so much passion for what she does

Room Tip: balcony with view of the laske
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of the resort. We have many guests staying at the resort for weddings and special events. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed our amenities including San Saba Spa. I’ll pass along your compliments to Kayla and our staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the lake away for 4 nights over Easter as part of a tour of Texas.

The location of the property in absolutley beautiful, and the rooms were large and comfortable, the pool is amazing and the staff were always very friendly and helpful. However we did have a couple of small issues, that we were dissapointed with, given the rating of the hotel.

Firstly, we booked a hill facing king room, which we were checked into, but unfortunatley it was right next door (literally! We had an inter connecting door!) to the LBJ suite, which had a rather large and extremely noisy indian wedding going on!

We were liked the room itself, and were happy to stay providing their were no other functions scheduled for our stay, but their were, so we asked to be moved. They were unable to give us another king, so were given a queen double, which was ok, but not ideal.

We also found that in the course of our four night stay, our bin was only emptied once and the tissues in the bathroom were never replaced.

Nevertheless we had a really lovely stay and would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keeley C
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your candid review of the resort and we appreciate the 5 star review. We strive to provide superior customer service to all our guests and I’m pleased to read management was able to accommodate your request. I will also discuss the housekeeping issues with our staff. It is our goal to have all our guests return to experience our beautiful resort and I would like to personally invite you back to the resort, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.