Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
US$134
US$136
US$180
US$142
Agoda.com
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$179
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
1,134 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffethill countryfire pitfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend of 6/6-6/8 here and really had an excellent time! This was our second stay (first being for our 1st wedding anniversary back in 10/13) and our experience surpassed the first one which was pretty spectacular to begin with. From the communication with Erin Randell before, during and after our trip, valet and exceptional service provided by Jon at the front desk right on down to the swim-up bar/adult area where Brandon went above and beyond to make sure we had amazing service and conversation every step of the way. Excellent food and delicious drinks while taking in the amazing scenery made this truly the type of relaxing getaway we were hoping for.

The room renovations that were done since our last visit were top notch! Hands down one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, very tasteful room decor complete with a flat screen TV. I love that the resort gives you the option to make coffee/tea right in your room or allows you to take advantage of them right in their lobby. While we did not take advantage this trip we love the complimentary happy hour that happens daily from 5-6 pm.

Whether you're taking a romantic getaway, hanging out with your friends or doing a family vacation this resort delivers. Part of me wishes we had known about this wonderful place prior to getting married in 2012 as we would have given some serious consideration to using one of their on-site venues! For our next trip we are planning to check out the easily accessible marina next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Engagedin2011
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you so much for your return visit. I’m pleased to read our staff ensured you had an exceptional stay and I’ll pass along the compliments to them. We sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the resort, our new guest rooms, complimentary happy hour and pool complex. I’d like to personally welcome you and your husband back to the resort, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

What a great place to stay. Staff was amazing, pool was beautiful and peaceful and the room was very comfortable. We had a great time and will definitely go back again. Katie was very helpful and great as was all the staff. We really enjoyed the happy hour and Mastersons restaurant too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for the 5 star review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. We sincerely appreciate the compliments to our staff, the pool complex, restaurant and new guest rooms. It is our goal to provide superior customer service to all our guests and I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I’d like to personally welcome you back to the resort, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My first time and know I will go back. I found the staff friendly from the waiter Jon at Masterson's Restaurant to the kind people at the Spa and pool side dining. If you wish to relax it's a place to go!

It is dated in the lobby areas but not bothersome and is not indicative of the service levels.

An easy drive to the resort and glad it was not in Austin proper.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the compliments to the resort and to our staff. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

For the money, I expected a nicer place. The pool is awesome, though only 3'6" deep, there are seats to chill on while you can order food and drinks from the poolside bar. This place is way out there - Austin is nowhere in sight, so come here if you want to hunker down and just chill and do next to nothing.

Room Tip: Get lakeside if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan K

We appreciate your candid review of your recent stay. The resort is nestled along the lake in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Our guests find the location both relaxing and enjoyable with many amenities nearby including shopping, dining and outdoor activities. We hope you will choose to return again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place is off the beaten path. In Austin, that path gets beaten pretty good. Rooms are nice not opulent. Staff is friendly and I think the value for your dollar is pretty good. The best thing about this resort is the location. Right on lake Travis. Also, over 2 miles from the nearest major road. Recommend for golf vacation or some R&R.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. We appreciate the compliments to our new guest rooms, friendly staff and location. There are many nearby activities including four golf courses, marina and sailing. I would like to personally invite you back, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.