Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
US$134
US$136
US$180
US$142
Agoda.com
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$111
US$263
US$179
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$148
1,134 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffethill countryfire pitfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I know there was something and maybe I will think of it later. Check in was slow and our rather expensive room (for this hotel) was right near the icemaker. We went to dinner there and I ordered a Steak with green peppercorn dressing on the side. My wife got the same steak without any sauce and we both got Steaks totally coated black pepper. It was the top of the steak menu and was tough. We had a very hard time getting the bill and getting it picked up and she was talking to other staff about a personal event the previous week. Breakfast was much worse. I have never seen let alone tried to eat a roll with eggs inside that was so hard that a serrated knife would not cut. The breakfast was buffet (no choice) and was $14.95 but we did not go there to save money.
There was another roll from the buffet with the thinnest, really like a sheet of paper and two like slices of cheese also dry. Not really anything at all except the coffee was quality. The personalities of the employees were good. They were nice and smilled and spoke politly-- they just had very little training. The pool bar?? They had six specials listed very nicely. Three had ingredients - not available. Beer? only lite beer. No IPA's or heavier type beer. Not even one. MIxed drinks? No Scotch. One whiskey (not my choice). Best is Gin (2) and Vodka. Bartender was a nice young man (no control). One college student roaming for orders for three or four pools and I had to go run him down as he would look at us as new to the pool and kept moving.
Nice young man as we visited with him. I cannot recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lonestartoo
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for detailed review of your recent stay. You’ve outlined some important issues and I will address each one with our staff. It is extremely important that every guest experience is exceptional and I apologize you were disappointed. We will continue to improve all aspects of the resort and hope you will reconsider coming back in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a great place to spend a relaxing weekend! The ambience is amazing, pool is beautiful and the service was fantastic. Jon Moser helped us book our fun weekend and made sure that every detail was taken care of. We will definitely be booking our next trip soon to Lakeway Resort....a fun place to stay. Annette F.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annette F

Thank you for the 5 star review of the resort. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I’d like to personally welcome you back again, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just stayed here last weekend for our annual girl's trip. One of the best trips we've been on. Talked to Jon Moser, the hotel manager, when we were booking the trip. He was able to get us a room with a spectacular view of the lake, close to the pool and very quiet. He paid attention to details and made sure we were taken care of. The resort is in a beautiful location tucked back by the lake but still very close to civilization. The pool has an amazing view and a great wait staff. Love, love, love this resort!!! We will be back.

Room Tip: Room with lake view was really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melaine H
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The location is a little out of the way from downtown Austin, especially if you are going to South by Southwest. Considering the sprawl of Austin and the related traffic, you really want to be much closer in to downtown. The resort is better for retreats and weddings than for a hub for your Austin vacation. We know that Lake Travis is over 50 feet down from its usual water level, but with the rocky shore line it is not that attractive of a lake, so paying for the view and location was really not worth it. The food was ok and so were the drinks. The spa services were quite good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank StealAway71
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We appreciate your review of the resort. Lakeway Resort and Spa is located in the Texas Hill Country with beautiful views of the surrounding area. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed San Saba Spa and we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I recently spent several days at Lakeway for business and added a day on for personal time! Always enjoy my trip there and I might add that I believe that service and the overall expierience has improved over the years

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MyStandards

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. It is our pleasure to have both business and leisure guests at our hotel and I’m pleased to read you extended your stay. I’d like to personally welcome you back on your next visit, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.