“Simple and ok ”

Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Simple and ok ”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Pros:
-good amenities
-great location
-near restaurants and shops
-ok clean
-staff friendly
-free wifi

Cons:

-I think is a bit pricy for the quality
-we got one hour extension for the checking out and we had contestant people knocking the door. That was a bit annoying.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff and maid service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast. The hotel manager goes out of his way to make sure your room is to your satisfaction. The best internet service in the Laredo area. I was very pleased with the service and treatment I received while I was a guest of La Quinta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank ricardog897
ohio, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I love the fact that La Quinta puts a clean top cover on the beds every night! No gross bed spreads. The beds are very, very comfortable and the hotel is very pet friendly. It's also nice to be able to grab a quick bite to eat and get back on the road when your in a hurry. Will definatly stay at La Quinta again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Laredo, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My stay at this hotel was only for one night on this occasion but it was marred by cable TV unavailable. The breakfast had much to be desired such as warm scrambled eggs. The only thing we got was hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was five months ago since we stayed here. We made the choice because the the La Quinta chain usually accepts dogs and the previous ones we booked were quite fine. This one was a total dive. It was way too late and we were too tired to search for another place. They called the room a suite. It was so filthy that I placed towels on the floor for the dogs to lay on. The furniture was so old and dirty and the bed should have been replaced years ago. The bathroom topped it off. The tub had not been cleaned and hair was in it and on the floor. The towels were grey but the dogs didn't mind. The bed linens were grey and smelled as well, I did mind!
The elderly couple at the front desk was friendly and I had the feeling that complaint would be useless. I wrote a complaint to La Quinta to let off some steam. Next week we are passing through again, which reminded me of our stop in Laredo at this hotel five months ago. I'm busy checking for a nice place that will accept dogs. Needless to say it won't be this one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Laredo hotels

Mansfield, TX
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel is attempting to update their facility, which it desperately needs.
Let's start at the beginning. I arrived at the hotel after a 14 hour work day. The lobby was clean and there were signs everywhere excusing the construction, which I had no issues with.
The receptionist initially greeted me in Spanish, but switched to English when I stared at her.
Check-in was fine, but that's pretty much were anything good ended.
I drove around to the side and opened my room. The room wasn't cleaned. There was a bag of trash sitting next to the small can full of beer bottles, and there were a few other things that clearly hadn't been cleaned. (toilet, sink).
The top door latch didn't work, leaving only the small card-activated latch at the bottom.
The weather stripping on the bottom of the door had gaps in it, which probably explained the bugs in the room.
The cable was out, and I was informed it would be out for a day or 2 while they were repairing it.
On the plus side, the free high speed internet was better than average. ( I always try to find something positive.)

If I had been on my dime, I would have left and gone to another hotel, but this had been pre-paid by my company, so I was stuck here.
Overall, I can't recommend staying here, even at the low price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is clearly in the process of upgrading their facilities -- but it is not yet where it needs to be.

Examples include a bathroom door that doesn't just not lock - it doesn't stay closed. A pool that is very small and without any character, beds that are uncomfortable, and a front desk that in the morning is significantly understaffed.

We waited for five minutes at the desk and there was no employee to be seen. Breakfast was packed with quests and I assume that she was in the kitchen or somewhere.

Last example was a large overflowing construction trash bin. Wouldn't have been disgusting if it just flowed over with ripped out building materials, but they had huge clear plastic bags of plain regular or kitchen trash thrown on top as well.

The rooms were clean. I would not have a problem in staying here again if I needed to, but I would not actively try to book here either.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business