“Good hotel for the price”
Review of Family Garden Inn

Family Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on a recent business trip to Laredo. As it was a spur of the moment trip I had to cover the expenses my self and be reimbursed by my company when I returned, so I was looking for something near to where I would be working at a reasonable price. After looking at various reviews I decided to give this place a try, and I was very pleased. The rooms were nice, the people pleasant, and the breakfast and happy hour was good. The only drawback was the shower was only warm, not hot, but considering everything the hotel was an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We drive truck and was a flyer at our companies terminal recommending this hotel so we took a chance and were very pleased. Check in was easy and he explained what rooms he had where (they have two buildings) our building had an indoor atrium and spas. The other had the pool and bar area. They offer free food and beer during happy hour which was a plus room was nice no window but that's ok breakfast wasn't much but quick and fast when in a hurry.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here on business while are truck was in the shop. The Shuttle driver was very rude who picked us up from the Truck Yard and drove very dangerously and unprofessionally. Now with that out of the way the rest of our stay was outstanding. They also have a "happy hour" during the week which consists of free beer, nachos, and hot dogs. Desk staff was friendly and very eager to help in any way. They also cash COMCHECK for you fellow truck drivers out there!
Breakfast was nothing fancy but everything you need to start your day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the second building that looks like a warehouse. Its very quiet over there and I highl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan0889
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 1 night only, had stayed before a year ago or so.

To me it looked better a year ago than now, Room at 95 usd (last time my memory thinks it was in the high 80) brkfst included.

Breakfast no longer served in the garden which used to be very goood, but now into a very small room. Playground now has no games, only sand and a sign sayung under renovation.

We stayed there with another couple who found a cockroach in their tub, disgusting. Our room was ok

Most likeky won't stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I love this place its the only place i stay when i go to Laredo. The Staff is great and i love happy hour. The garden square is a must see. It has beautiful water fall with some hidden hot tubs inside the garden. i stayed in the rooms in the main building where the pool is at on my last stay. Its worth the extra bucks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

friendly staff clean rooms the room i get is in the atrium a liitle paradise of it's own the built what looks like a volcano but does not go off a really nice center piece for the atrium.then they a built a jungle forest inside this open air atrium.warning their rooms go fast.their website if you don't have it staylaredo.com.right off interstate 35 the showers are small but hot and very clean rooms.they even carry or have a liitle convience store with snacks and drinks.the airlines that fly in are american airlines,united airlines,allegiant airlines from las vegas.they do have a shuttle they are very accomdating

Room Tip: the atrium is your best bet or if you have family please choose the main hotel sorry but the best i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here about five times. You have to grade on a curve, according to city. If you're looking for something under $90 in Laredo, this is the place. IMHO.
The "Suites" are nicer than the rooms in the garden area. They are about $10 higher. Worth it though, I think. Today I checked into a suite. The A/C was not cold. I informed them at the front desk. They immediately gave me a different room, right beside the first. Everything was fine. Literally 20 minutes later, I saw a worker replacing the defective A/C unit next door. That impressed me enough to write this review.

• Stayed: June 2013