“We Love The Family Garden Inn !!! We Had More Fun In This Hotel Than Out Of It.”
Review of Family Garden Inn

Family Garden Inn
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Central Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2005

Free Beer in the garden in the evening. Hidden Hot tubs in the tropical forest just outside our door. We Loved It !!! Phooey on those who dont know a fun and cheap hotel when they stay in one. If they want the Hilton, then pay for one. Quit gripping about it!!!! We loved it. We will stay there everytime us girls go to Nuevo Laredo to shop !!!!!

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank kimbucsue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 8 April 2005

I loved the landscape work and the man made river and waterfall. Rooms need to be modernized a little. Laredo hotels will give you sticker shock. This was the most reasonably priced hotel we found.

• Stayed January 2005
Reviewed 24 March 2005

We went to this hotel because of some of the great reviews people gave it here. I can't imagine how anyone could have anything good to say about this place!
First of all, it's packed with 18 wheelers, and mostly truck drivers stay there (not family oriented if you ask me).
The room only had a "french" door, which was a flimsy wooden door with all these glass panes. Anyone could break in so easily! And you're on the border! Crime is rampant here!
The room was terrible. Everything was old and worn and ragged. The walls are made of wood paneling. You can tell no one redecorated the place since the 70's. The bedroom was so small there was only a bed in it. That's it! There was about 6 inches on each side of the bed and that's it. The living room area had an old worn down couch and this bar area (totally 70's again) that I assume is supposed to be the place you eat your meals... You cannot find pictures of this place to save your life! The one picture I found that was supposedly this place looked nothing like it in reality!
It's just an awful awful place. I hope that no one takes a risk and goes there.
The person at the front desk was VERY nice. We came back after one look at the room and cancelled our reservation. He kindly cancelled it without saying a single word. Maybe we weren't the first...

• Stayed February 2004, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 February 2005

My wife and I travel a lot in our business. We go all over the south eastern U.S.. We go to Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Mexico regularly, ( 4-9 times a year), and have for about 6 years now. We tried this place on the recommendation of friends, and have stayed there ever since. All to often those who work with the public will only hear if the negative comments from our clients... These folks deserve to hear the positive comments. They are courteous and very professional. They're as good as they come. They never fail us!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2005

My family and I stayed at the Family Garden Inn & Suites and enjoyed our visit very much. The staff is extremely friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the rates are reasonable. The free breakfast was great and the evening snacks were so welcomed. We have never stayed at a hotel where we were offered free snacks and drinks in the evening. We will definitely stay again on our next visit to Laredo, Texas and we recommend it to anyone visiting Laredo, Texas.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2005

My wife and I have stayed at Family Gardens in Laredo numerous times. This time was our first stay in about 3 years. I reserved a room 2 days before our arrival. When we arrived they stuck us in a room in the back with a view of a wall about 10 feet out the window. I asked for something closer to the pool and received the worst room I ever stayed in, it was two bedroom with the ac unit in the rear bedroom and a ceiling fan in the front room, there was a large piece of the dresser where the laminant was missing. We asked to move again and received a smoking room (not my preference). The room was nicer but in need of a good cleaning and painting, the microwave had some left over spilled food and the mattress was very uncomfortable.
I know I sound like a complaigner but I'm really not, this has been a nice place to stay in the past but they need to spend some money and clean this place up!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
OKC, OK
Reviewed 25 October 2004

Our non-smoking room "appeared" clean, but everything was extremely old from the carpet, to the beds, to the bathroom fixtures, to the towels, etc. The carpet was dark brown and the walls were dark brown paneling, so it was a very dismal room. Our door opened up to a partially enclosed patio, which was frequented by the hotel staff as they sat on the patio furniture, talked, laughed, and smoked at 6am just a few feet from our door. The cabana outside that served breakfast looked very dirty, so we skipped breakfast and checked out as quickly as possible.

2 Thank Deut33:27