“The little things that matter”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Laredo
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am originally from NLaredo, so I understand Laredo culture quite well. I also have travelled quite a bit in the US and around the world and I know that customer service means different things depending on where you are.

I must say that Fairfield Inn were very accommodating to me and my elderly mother during a recent visit to my hometown and that meant a lot. Sure, they are a typical Marriott hotel, but I had a much better experience and level of response from them, than say, a fancy downtown Boston hotel.

At the end of the day, most 2-3 star hotels are the same but the experience that is provided by the staff makes all the difference. So kudos to Fairfield Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After staying at the disgusting La Quinta on I 35 for one night, we checked into the Fairfield Inn. With tax it was only $18 more and worth at least $100 more. This hotel is next to the mall, clean and inviting. The staff could not have been nicer and accommodating, hot breakfast, nice lobby, our room was actually a small mini suite with 2 flat screen TVs, fridge and microwave. This is a great, safe place to stay in Laredo away from the noise of the highway.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are larger. We were in 103 which was larger. Look at their hotel map when you chec...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. First I was given a room right next to the ice maker. Went back to the desk and asked for another room to be able to get rest. In the newly assigned room I noticed little bugs all over the bathroom and the coffee maker reservoir was filled with brown stuff. Had to call the front desk for someone to unplug the toilet. Then there was no hot water for my shower in the morning. When I was waiting in the lobby I heard other guests tell the front desk they had no hot water for showering.

Asked for the shuttle to take me someplace close for a pack of cigarettes and was told they only go to the airport and downtown. I said then I will take the shuttle downtown. Once I got to the front desk I was asked to go back to my room and wait for the shuttle.
I stay at hotels 20 nights a month. Very disappointed with this one.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Pluses
Airport shuttle free
Shuttle will take you to various locations near hotel free
Breakfast included [nothing special]
Price
Staff friendly , helpfull. Several carts available for luggage
Mutiple places to eat in walking distance .
Price

Minus
Rooms small , fine for a single or young couple
Bathroom small
Very basic room
Hot tub by pool not very hot this may bother you or you may like it on cooler side
Loud air conditioner
TV difficult to turn on have to unplug plug back in several times

Not much to say just your usual Fairfield Inn the location worked for me although other choices abound .Call it adequate nothing special. Shop Spring Hill suites , Embassy Suites compare price and decide.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LouisGreen
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Great location, in front of Mall del Norte, very practical for walking to do some shopping part of family can go back to hotel if tired. Hotel has a typical Marriott amenities in general good and competitive, positive experience overall, beds maybe time to review firmness.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Had to book the room at the last minute due to a funeral. Was not sure what to expect when I got there. I had a horrible 6 hour drive to Laredo (car break down, sat in 100+ heat waiting for repairs) but the front desk staff went out of their way to smile and make me feel welcome. This great customer service continued throughout my stay (3 nights) with all the staff always going out of their way to stay hello, good day, etc. The Happy Hour from 5-7 in the evening was amazing; both with the selections and the fact it was free and casual. One of the main things that really impressed the most was that at the last minute I asked for a mobility accessible room. This hotel had a roll in shower with a bench. This was the first time we have stayed at a Marriott brand hotel and had this amazing set up. The location was also great. It is across from the mall, down the street from I-35 and located near some great food, shopping and entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We travel to Laredo Texas to meet some family friend from Mexico. The exteriel is clean and well secured. Excellent hotel, super clean.The Bed's Matrees are so good that I'm ordering at set from Marriott.

Room Tip: The suite are the chice and the 2nd floor to the back of mall is best. Hotel is safe, super clean an...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends