“Best in Laredo”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I am in laredo quite often and this is the best hotel in town. Breakfast and happy hour included. Can't beat embassy. Especially this one , still like new. There is a steak restaurant on property. Steak was good, but not great. Expensive. Come for the room, happy hour , and breakfast, eat dinner at one of the nearby Mexican food places.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I like this hotel but I just would like more affordable prices and a working hot tub. We always enjoy our visit to Laredo in this hotel but too many things were different this time that seemed as though all changes made took away from an enjoyable stay as though it was only for the hotel to save money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Average to good... A 'pretender' in the contender price range. No real complaints, just nothing to really praise. Do some research and compare. We usually stay at another Hotel but it was full. We asked the clerk and he recommended this hotel. Surely there is a close second place??

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very nice, Rooms were nice and Breakfast was excellent. Very clean place to stay, top of the line service. I would stay here again. Actually I was there on business. And at government rate and wanted to stay there another night the following week but they wouldn't let me have it at the same rate so I had to go to a different Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 21 July 2014

when I called in reservation i had requested to be checked in on the top floor away from the elevators. i have been staying at this hotel for almost 10years due to my work. However, when i checked in the first time i was put on the top floor but directly across the elevator. then I went back down the got me another room they check me into a smoking room which is strange because this is a none smoking hotel but the room reeked of smoke. i went back down and the young man that checked me in told me that that was impossible because this was a none smoking hotel. i informed him that is smelled really bad and the door did not indicate a none smoking room. they placed me in another room and that room already had a guest checked in. i walked into a man's room to find his shoes and clothes on the bed. i immediately ran out the guy checking me in said no way and he went to double check and left. the gentlemen said he had no more rooms but was going to move someone that had not checked in yet. he was very rude about it. i told him this was the second time that something like this happened in this hotel. back in February a maintenance man walked into my room while i was getting dressed. of course i screamed i could not believe this. as i mentioned i have been staying at this embassy since i started this job back in 2005 almost 10years now and it has just gotten worse instead of better

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Yvette D
amenendez39, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear YD:
> Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Would you please let me know when are you expecting to come back to the hotel? I will like to ensure that your room reservation is according to what you like furthermore I will check the room before your arrival. I don't see your Hilton Honors number have you consider joining, the members can highlight their request. Please allowed me to correct our mistakes.
> Sincerely,
> Art Menendez
> General Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Embassy Suite is always a comfortable and pleasurable experience EXCEPT in this Laredo locations few things amiss:

The room is supposed to come with free wifi. There was no wifi in my room.

Dinner at the Ambassador Steakhouse Restaurant was similarly a misrepresentation. I ordered the up charged table side prepared dinner that was supposed to be flambé with cognac. Nothing of the sort. It was served straight from the kitchen with no table side preparation or flambé. The medium rare steak which I specifically described as pink in the middle came well done. You would think a steakhouse would know how to prepare a steak.

That said, the restaurant had a nice upscale atmosphere and was reasonably priced.

Maybe it's too much to ask of Laredo. But one should not offer what cannot be delivered.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
amenendez39, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Would you please contact me directly so I may be able to personally extend my sincere apology to you?

We do provide free internet access to our entire hotel; currently we have 20 Megs available to service our guest. At times we do encounter issues that can be corrected via our 800 phone support service. Again I would value the opportunity to garner more information from you to determine what the specific challenge you experience during your stay.

Regarding our Ambassador Steak House service, again please accept my apologies. We are to our knowledge the only restaurant still providing table service in the City of Laredo. I am disappointed that you did not get the normal spectacular service in front of your table. I would like to have you come back and experience our service; we have a new menu including the best Prime steaks available in the Market. I want you to provide me the opportunity to change your mind about our Steak House, The Ambassador in the City of Laredo.

Art Menendez, General Manage

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Loved this place. The mall is nearby. There are plenty of places to go eat. The complimentary breakfast was really good. The fitness center was a bit small but adequate. I would totally recommend this place to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business