“Ready for Renovation but Good Staff”

SpringHill Suites Laredo
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Laredo a few nights for a short business trip. Staff were efficient at check-in. Room was spacious and had a good work area. Internet was fine. Water did not get real hot and water pressure was sort of low (maybe a water-saving shower head was installed). Bathroom looked like it had been in a bar fight and put back together, but not well. Wall-paper was applied haphazardly, with one inch overlaps at seams.Lots of caulk along the bathroom baseboards. Wall-paper was actually stapled to to the wall (no kidding) on one wall. I really think this facility needs renovation. Hard to make this place attractive for a longer stay without a refit. If prices are comparable I might visit the Residence Inn across the highway if the rates are competitive next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railroad tracks, its a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bahnreise

Reviewed 10 July 2011

So, I left the Residence Inn to come over here because I felt the RI was a bit overdue for a facelift, but now I find myself probably checking right back in after 5 nights at the Spring Hill Suites. Why you ask? Let's take a look.

1. Water pressure in the shower was bad because of an old water faucet. I had them come and change it but it didn't do much to improve.

2. My air conditioner has broke 2 different times! The past 2 times I have come back to my room, I have had to call the front desk because the AC is dead. It generally takes about 10 minutes to fix which wasn't bad but my room got hot and it's just annoying.

3. Deluxe Breakfast? Yeah, right! Their breakfast is weak! Go over to the Residence Inn and have their banging breakfast and tell menwhat you think! Spring Hill serves what used to be, frozen egg patties and sausage along with waffles. Nothing special or deluxe about it! It's actually somewhat gross.

4. Let me very clear about this .... THE INTERNET BLOWS!!! I am not even complaining about the Internet speed, hell I could live with slow Internet but their Internet is so intermittent it's not even funny! I am actually in my Spring Hill Suites hotel room typing this review in my phone because I am waiting for the hotel wifi to get fixed! Obviously the Internet going down was the last straw!

What number am I on? I lost count ... 5?

5. The elevator is a nightmare! There has been 2 different occasions i have been trapped in the hellevator (pun intended)! I stepped in on the 1st floor and hit the 4th floor and it does nothing! Won't move and the door won't open! I was only stuck for a couple minutes each time but it's unnecessary! I have called them numerous times but have fallen on deaf ears! It's a common thing that all of us guests talk about while riding in the hellevator, everyone knows it's scary! It feels like it drops 6 inches in free fall when it initially lowers towards the bottom.

Conclusion. I recommend this hotel for a one night stay. The hotel is very clean and the lobby is flashy. They have free beer but the evening snack is gross. If you are a business traveler and are stuck in Laredo, choose a different hotel to be stuck in! The inconsistencies will drive you nuts here!

FYI ... The Internet was not fixed by the end of this review ... BOOO!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 17 March 2011

The good:

Great "suite" layout. Room as a living room area, with desk, sofa, kitchenette, with separate bedroom area and bathroom. Very spacious, and provides great work area if your a traveling business person.

Above average "complementary breakfast" in the morning, and definate plus on the "manager's reception" in the evening with finger foods and draft beer on tap.

Rooms were very clean, and property has maintained it's standards over years (stayed here a few years back pre-Trip Advisor, and it's stayed just as nice). Plenty of linens, and beds were comfy for my taste.

Plenty of restaurants in the area, and easy access on/off the highway. Hotel is locted on the northern side of Laredo, but then again, Laredo isn't very big - so, you can get where ever you need to be in this town in about 15-20 minutes.

The bad:

Can't think of anything.

Definate recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2010

close to everything in Laredo, spacious rooms,fast check in, regular breakfast, good sleep quality. Me and my family enjoyed our stay for one night in this hotel. we will stay here again. I paid 101 dollars for that night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2010

This hotel was the perfect stay to rest before we headed off to a 10 hour drive into Mexico. I was really relieved when I found out that a security guard would be present during the night to watch our vehicles. It's was at first scary because we were so close to the border and you hear all of these stories where your vehicle gets stolen. The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes away from the international bridge. I would definetely stay here again. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good, I'm not going to say it was great, but it definetely satisfied us.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2010

This was a good hotel. Very nice rooms. All details were taken care of. Problem was that, as is often the case, Friday night tends to get overbooked, and very often guests are not considerate of each other. The people in the room next to me quieted down around 10 and were up again at 6am sharp. Luckily I got some sleep in during that time because I would have never slept earlier than 10 or after 6.
Hotel staff was cordial, but did not go out of their way to be hospitable. A little overpriced I think.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank BigBear63
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We stayed here for one night in summer 2009 on our way crossing the US. We did drive up and down the main road for a while and compared prices. This place offered the best value for the money.
The staff was really friendly and very helpful. Lobby and rooms made a nice impression and the whole place is very clean.
The rooms very nice, bed was comfy. There was a sitting area in the room with couch and table and also a fridge and microwave.
The place is pretty quiet even it's pretty much close to the Hwy. In the lobby they also offered free wine in the early evening and had a nice selection of food at the free breakfast buffet. We really had a good time and a good sleep here. For the money we paid (around 90$ including taxes) we got a very good value and would come back here again.

Wanna know more about my trip? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com