“Friendly and Fresh Accommodation”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laredo-Event Center Area
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed 2 night while on business and was impressed with helpfulness of the front desk when I needed anything. Valerie always had a smile and greeting and was very helpful with getting rides for me. Met the new GM, Randy, and he seems to honestly be trying to maintain the good and improve the rest.

My room was clean, fresh and bed comfortable. Air conditioning worked well and was not loud as so many are. Bath amenities were plentiful and tastefully arranged, and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn with scrambled eggs, sausages, cinnamon rolls and make-your-pancakes which the kids loved to watch. Pool was clean and used some as the temp was approaching 100F.

Received good value for price and would recommend this hotel for business, family or a get away. Across the street from Palenque Mexican Restaurant which is excellent and near a lot of other shopping and amenities.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite but would recommend higher floors to get away from people coming and going.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laredo-Event Center Area

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I visited Laredo for business, and I stayed at the Holiday Inn. My room was spacious and well maintained. However it was a bit surprising to find out that the bathroom had not been completely cleaned before my arrival. I am happy to say that the hotel took care of this promptly.

Breakfast was great, and I was positively surprised for the pancake making machine. Also, I enjoyed the hotel having an afternoon happy hour with good food (hot dogs were great).

Overall, I had a pleasant experience during my visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Overall, my experience was ok, but I did notice some room for improvement. Upon checking in at 5pm on a Monday it appeared there was only 1 staff member working the front desk, and he was busy in the back office transferring statements to another guests flash drive, so I had to wait almost 20 mins to check in. Also, the maids failed to visit my room 2 days in a row. Other then that, my stay was pleasant. The property was clean, and the staff were friendly. I will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laredo-Event Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry the service you received was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Was in Laredo for almost six days working. Room was comfortable, private for easy coming and going. Service personnel were polite and friendly. Complimentary breakfasts and evening cocktail hours were fun. Felt secure and safe and it is in a very good location, not too far from anything in Laredo. Will stay there again while on business assignment. Nice to come back in the evenings to a comfortable room. Juan in the hospitality area is very accommodating. Veronica is a very professional, friendly front desk clerk. Just returned a few days ago.

Room Tip: First floor is very convenient and private.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Traveling to Laredo on frequent business and usually staying at Staybridge Suites, I decided to give this hotel a try. The first impression was great! The hotel front desk clerk was awesome; she was hospitable and provided for a friendly and efficient check in; after a day of travel, sometimes the check in process makes all the difference! The room was spacious and clean, although not with new furnishing, it definitely fit the bill. I was also pleasantly surprised by the beverage and snack service this location has in the evenings. The hotel is located in North Eastern Laredo near good eating establishments and convenient access to Loop 20. Would not hesitate to return to this location for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the rear of the hotel face the pool, and most have a view of the Laredo brush count...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend, and it was a very good experience. I made a last minute reservation a they accomodate a room according to my needs. And Veronica at front desk give us a warm and confortating welcome. Breakfast was good and rooms are clean and tidy.

Room Tip: Pick this hotel is far from I35 but it worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have had numerous business trips to Laredo in last couple of years (more than 20 I guess), and have stayed at different hotels including Hampton, Embassy Suites, La Quinta etc. But this hotel beats them all. Its located in one of the safer places in Laredo, close to the airport and good restaurants. The hotel itself is very clean and has the nicest staff members you'll ever meet. In particular, Sandra was great. Very friendly, informative, co-operative and hard working. I have had last moment check-ins around midnight but on all those occasions all my requests were met perfectly.
All in all, every time I have to visit Laredo, I make sure I stay at this hotel only!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business