“Fantastic Hotel to stay”

Staybridge Suites Laredo
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I had stayed there on a business trip a few months ago.
On that trip, the poolside music went on at 3:00 AM accidentally, and it took the front desk 20 minutes to get it turned off.
My room had a pool view and the music woke me.
The next morning when I told the staff that I had to get up early, and was not prepared for my meeting due to the middle-of-the-night pool noise, they refunded the room charge for the night.
The suites are amazing. They are like new apartments. The Internet speed in our room was fantastic at all times of day, wired and wireless.
Beside that, everything was perfect. The breakfast, the staff, the pool/jacuzzi, and so on.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank surendran
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Laredo

Reviewed 29 December 2009

Waking up with 2 large bug bites (bedbugs? spiders?) was not the worst part. The worst part was ending up here at all, by accident, which of course all hotels are when you book on Priceline. Only normally, when you book a 3 star hotel, you expect to get a 3 star hotel. This one was anything but.

The hotel is on the far east edge of town -- and by "edge", I mean the very edge. Further out is pure desert scrubland. It's vaguely near the airport and the events center, but nowhere close to the shops and businesses near the border in downtown Laredo.

If you look at the photos on the hotel's website, you get the image of large luxurious rooms with separate sitting areas and a dining nook. Our room was not that. Our room was a small single room, extremely cramped for me, my brother, and my 12-year-old son. The television was old and had an image burned onto the screen. The room was so stuffy we had to turn the A/C on at night to keep from suffocating, even though it was in the 40's outside. The finishes were cheap.

Since there were 3 of us, we asked the front desk clerk for a room with 2 beds. He said no, since we booked on Priceline, they would have to charge us an extra $40/night for that. This seemed excessive, so my brother and I shared the single bed, and my son slept on the chair and footstool.

Then I got the bugbites. After that, it was hard to appreciate the breakfast buffet (which was reasonably good). But a decent breakfast taco does not turn a 2 or 2.5 star hotel into a 3 star. There are better options in Laredo.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This hotel is one that you know that you can find clean suites, friendly staff and great value since many of the services are free. I don't have to take chances any more I found the best hotel in Laredo.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I transferred to this hotel from another business hotel in Laredo because of its high Tripadvisor popularity rating and I am sorry that I did. The complimentary breakfast and social hour are not nearly as good as another, lower rated tree star hotel in Laredo (which I reviewed), The standard under-window HVAC unit had wide swings of temperature control, meaning the room was too warm when it kicked on and it stayed on too long, cooling the room too much before it turned off. I had to constantly finesse the thermostat. The TV cable channel selections were downright sparse when compared to another Laredo three star. The shower tiles were coated with brown scum where they were too high for the maid to easily reach in the room that I had. The water never got above warm. The front desk was empty when I tried to check out at 9:00 am. On the plus side, the kitchenette had good quality microwave, refrigerator, toaster, and dishes and cutlery. There was also a sink and a cutting board. Coffeemaker, of course. The room had no security safe but the kitchenette did have a dishwasher. For a business-oriented hotel, why?

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank satipatipatti
Reviewed 21 June 2008

we had a family wedding there in Laredo and several family members made our reservations for us. we didn't know what to expect. service was excellent. the front desk was so helpful with putting directions on how to get to the church and then from the church to the wedding reception. when we asked for a late check out, they did not even hesitate to for a second to say no. next time I go down to laredo i will stay there and recommend to all my friends. awesome lobby. very delicious breakfast. thank you for making us feel like family!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2008

A collegue talked me into changing my reservation at another Laredo hotel to the Staybridge Suites and I'm sure glad he did. The staybridge was great! Beautiful lobby, nice pool, and large clean rooms. The ammenities in the room were awesome and the hot breakfast was the best complimentary hotel breakfast I have had in a long while. The evening reception in the lobby was on the best too. Great food and drinks to wind down the day. It is sorta isolated which may be problem if you don't have a car, but a few restuarants are in walking distance. Go to Hal's Landing for good fun, drinks and some arcade game fun. It was great!!!

However the best part of the hotel was the staff. They went out of their way to serve me. From serving me drinks ar the evening reception to fixing my TV remote they were fantastic. I was even able to arrange a van ride to the airport at 4 AM, which was before the normal shuttle hours.

I highly recommend this hotel when utilizing the Laredo airport.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank LoshWVU
Reviewed 20 January 2008

My stay at the hotel was wonderful. The hotel is about a year old and was extremely clean. The staff was very attentitive and the morning breakfast was more than I expected.

I rate this a must stay when in Laredo.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family