Gateway Inn
Homewood
US$135
US$126
EmbassySuites.com
Red Roof Inn Laredo - I-83 South(Laredo)(Great Value!)
US$58
Red Roof
US$114
US$111
Staybridge.com
US$101
La Quinta
Red Roof Inn Laredo(Laredo)(Great Value!)
US$57
Red Roof
US$130
  • Pool
US$121
US$97
US$69
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Reading the previous reviews of Gateway Inn I thought I would be fine. I was really trying to say some money on a long trip. Let me preface this by saying I have bunked is some sad, slimy places during my years in the military but this was just beyond..... Smoke smell everywhere, it just wasn't as bad in my room. Hallway ashtrays attached to the wall at the elevator. The carpet was ripped, torn and wrinkled so bad it was a serious tripping hazard, the desk clerk mumbled so bad I could barely understand her, towels the size of postage stamps (no charge for the exfoliation they caused), dust bunnies along the baseboards (I was afraid to look under the bed), holes in the walls, paint peeling off walls and the security guard let himself into our room. When I stopped him, he said something about housekeeping check then went next door and did the exact same thing! Never, never again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

...where you can stay overnight in Laredo, not a great one but pleasant. The price they shown here might not be the right one. It used to be $35/night tax incl. few years ago, but now the average is 40-45/night incl tax.
Good location too, close to Mall del Norte, Sams Club and many other stores.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Sudist
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I always stay here because the top floor lets you see for miles, plus it's cheap and so am I. This is a no frills place- no AC in the halls, no breakfast or coffee, no alarm clock, no luxuries at all. The building and furnishings are in slightly rough condition, but my room and linens are very clean. The Internet is available for a small fee, and there's a small outdoor pool. The TV gets Showtime and 60 other channels, 7 of which are in Spanish. Speaking of which, you'd better know Spanish if you want anything from the maids, because they don't speak English. Within walking distance are dozens of stores and restaurants, a mall, a grocery store and a movie theater. If you're in a truck there's parking for 20 bobtails and box trucks, and 5 tractor-trailers. If you just want an air-conditioned room to get out of the Laredo heat and don't need luxury, this hotel will serve you well.

Room Tip: Top floors have a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2010

A friend and I had traveled from San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. I had several official things to do on both sides of the border. I also needed to stock up on several things at the local stores, Wal-Mart, HEB, etc. My friend also loaded up on several things she need back in SMA, too. The Gateway was in close proximity to all the places that I needed to go to on the Texas side of the border. The price for 2 rooms was about the the same as one room at the Marriott. The night clerk was friendly and even though he was working the graveyard shift was quite pleasant and had a good sense of humor. The morning clerk, Nely, was quite friendly and helpful giving me clear and concise instructions about where to find the places to which I needed to go. The WIFi worked as good or better than most 'free' hotel Wifis that I've used. My friend mentioned that there was no free breakfast offered. I informed her that 'free' really just meant that there was no line item for the breakfast on the hotel bill. Secondly, 'free' breakfasts are often what's called 'Continental Breakfasts' (donuts, sweet rolls, toast, jelly, jams, sugar-sweetened juices, etc); being a diabetic, I can't safely eat the 'free' stuff, and I don't so, the 'free' breakfast is a waste of money for me. (Some hotels' 'senior discount' is really the removal of the alleged 'free' breakfast.) A senior, AARP or other discount is not necessary at Gateway because their price is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank leeveal
Reviewed 24 February 2010

This is the least expensive hotel I found in the area. It isn't pretty but not bad for the price. There is no free breakfast but free hi speed wi-fi worked great. Halls and room carpet was kind of smelly but the bathroom was extremely clean and the plumbing was in good working order. The linen was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I didn't use the A/C but the heater took a few hours to warm the room. The cable TV had all the great channels. This hotel saved me 10 to 20 dollars over other hotels on the same block. Its very close to Super Walmart and the mall and their are plenty of shopping centers and restaurants nearby. This was a decent hotel for a 'one' night stay with plenty of parking for cars and trucks.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo