“Terrible Personnel”

Dallas, Texas
“Terrible Personnel”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

4/16/2014
I called around 9am to confirm at 7 day reservation and I spoke with a woman who said she was the sales manager. She was beyond rude, unprofessional, and refused to help adjust my reservation. After receiving such terrible service over the phone I wanted to cancel the reservation all together and stay clear from this hotel. The woman then said that the hotel requires a 24hr notice of cancellation and that I would be charged for one day even if I did not stay at the hotel. She should not be in an sort of hospitality operation. I ended up calling customer care and getting the reservation fixed however I was forced to check in for one day to this horrible hotel around 11pm. The "sales manager" had cancelled my reservation and changed the room rate for double our negotiated rate. The night attendant had strict notes on my reservation to charge the amount posted and had no sort of empowerment to adjust the rate even after confirming with customer care that the amount charged should not have been authorized. It took over 45 minutes to check in to hotel and I was on the phone with customer care the next morning for more than 3 hours to fix this problem. The woman in this position was a rude, unprofessional, and spiteful. She was not in any way hospitable and should go to a different industry, she does realize the importance of genuine customer service. Due to this woman's terrible customer service I will NEVER go here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Krystin R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Krystin R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are truly sorry the level of service you received during your stay was less than satisfactory. We are confident the hotel will continue working with their staff to improve the level of service offered for future guests or your next visit. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely terrible customer service. Poorly greeted at the front desk upon arrival. Made it to the room and found that an error had been made when booking and my husband and I had a queen bed instead of the King. Went to the front desk clerk who told me that there were no Kings available in the hotel. I did a quick search online and found that there were actually several empty rooms, when I asked her about this, she said that because I had booked our room thru a 3rd party there was nothing the hotel could do to help me. Still curious why she didn't tell us this first instead of giving us the standard response that there were no rooms available when in fact there were. I then asked if we could pay the difference in the rooms to have the King and she said no we could just book another room, but other then that she could not help me. I accepted defeat and went back to the room. The bed had 3 rather thin pillows on it, then went again to the front desk to request 1 additional pillow, front desk clerk told me there were no pillows available. To add salt to the wound, the AC did not properly work in the room, constantly maintaining a temp of 78. We will never stay in a Candlewood Suites again, really terrible service. DO NOT care about their guests at all. Save yourself a headache and book the Hampton next door.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HillCountryFam30
Ruth V, Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hello, I do wish to start off by saying thank you for staying with us and i would love to apologize for the unfortunate issues you had at our hotel. We always want to provide our guest with the up most successful and happy stay. Once again i apologize and i would love if you could please give us one more chance to make your stay to your liking.

Vanessa Ventura
Operations Manager
London, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I'd never stayed at a Candlewood before but will definitely give the chain another look next time we need kitchen facilities. I really don't care about daily maid service (seriously, how dirty can your towels get after one days use?) the room was quiet and the laundry facilities did not require me to carry pockets full of quarters.
The front desk staff were helpful - I needed an ethernet cord, and a corkscrew - both requests were filled quickly and with a smile.
We were leaving for a cruise from Galveston the next day and found prices in League City to be ALOT lower than in Galveston itself. Lots of shopping available close by as well

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canadiancraftsman
Zhan J, Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Canadian Craftsman,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and hotel staff. I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay at Candlewood Suites League City. We are enthusiastically looking forward to your next reservation at our hotel.

san marcos
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here over spring break. The hotel was full but we were never bothered by noise. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was enough space for our family of 4. Room includes a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and basic utensils. Note this is an extended stay hotel so it does not come with daily room cleaning, although you can request it. Also there is no breakfast, but with the kitchen you can keep your own food to save money on meals. Both tv's also had a dvd player, although the remotes never worked with the dvd. We had to request linens for the pull-out couch and extra towels, and these were provided although service was a little slow. Wifi internet is available, but it is a spotty connection. If needing internet, I'd recommend bringing an ethernet cable (wired is also available). Pool and workout room appeared maintained and in good condition. Front desk staff were friendly. Hotel is located within 15 minutes of places like NASA, Kemah boardwalk, and about 20 minutes to galveston - the rate is much cheaper here than closer to the attractions and it was worth the extra savings. Also near many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shpoo,

Thank you for sharing your satisfactory stay experience with other travelers on this website. As you mentioned, our hotel is a perfect spot for a linger stay in League City. You will feel like home, in a big room with a full kitchen at Candlewood Suites. Besides, hotel location makes it very easy to explore all the adventures of League City to Galveston. We have made changes to our internet, which makes our connection a little faster. Thank you again for staying at Candlewood Suites League City.

Grain Valley, Missouri
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had a great stay April 2013. If you aren't familiar with Candlewood, there are full kitchens in the rooms, queen bed, laundry rooms on site ( very clean). Staff was ok, didn't go above and beyond but were friendly as long as you didn't need/ask/want anything that required extra work. Still, great stay. Love the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephanie N,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our product and services. I will share your feedback with the staff and we will definitely make improvements in the areas that we lack.

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times because the location is near my interest and during non-summer months the fee was fairly reasonable. The problem is you get what you pay for. After my last stay will be my last stay. Reason I stayed this last one time was due to the fact that during my previous stay I had to move rooms several times and the new general manager sorted it out and asked me to give it another chance as she was trying to resolve all the problems with the hotel. We'll she was not there anymore this visit so back to the old same.

One recurring problem is the ice machine in the fridge doesn't start making ice for hours. When it does begin making ice it maybe will make a glass of ice over a day. This is in all the rooms that I stayed in. The hotel has no other ice available. I always had to go buy ice for the stay.

Lastly the internet service is intermittent and drops every few minutes. This last stay the phone started ringing every 10 minutes at 7 am. The front desk said the system went down over night. But this has happened to me before at this hotel. So much for sleeping in.

If you want to stay somewhere cheap and you are easy to please this is a good stay. Otherwise find another hotel.

Room Tip: Without requesting it you will get a room on the first floor which always seemed to have TV/DVD prob...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Rick O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ice maker and internet connectivity issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
HAMMOND
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise because it was on special with IHG Rewards points. The place looked like it had just been built! It is behind a Tire and Auto Repair place. We needed a room with 2 beds and that request was granted by Vanessa when we checked in. Had to take alot of luggage to the room to organize our bags for the cruise. Room was clean but I heard a beeping. Went out for a while and when we returned - still heard beeping. I didn't know if it was a smoke detector or the dishwasher. Called front desk and Vanessa came up and listened. She reset the dishwasher and that fixed the beeping! I wasn't familiar with the type of dishwasher in the room. Found a packet of microwave popcorn in the microwave - Vanessa told us that should be there. So we watched TV & ate popcorn. The next morning there was coffee for the coffeemaker, bought some juice & milk and brought Oatmeal with us so we could eat in the room. The AC worked good, beds were comfy. Ready to re-load our van and ELEVATOR OUT OF ORDER! We had to carry all our luggage down the hall & down the stairs! Should have requested 1st floor room! Redeemed coupons for our free sodas. Check out was quick - No Charge!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near League City
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston
Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston

Been to Candlewood Suites League City? Share your experiences!