“Great Food and Service -- A Hidden Gem”

Chuyos Peruvian Fusion Deli
Ranked #40 of 155 Restaurants in League City
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Pensacola, Florida
“Great Food and Service -- A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We live nearby and decided to give Chuyos a try for a little variety. We are very glad we did. First impressions when you enter: it is spotlessly clean, colorful decorations, pleasant background music and you are greeted with a smile. Our bi-lingual waitress, Laura, was very helpful with the menu. My wife is an empanada fan and sampled one of their spinach empanadas. She said it was one of the best she has had to include the ones we have been served while traveling in South and Central America. We shared their sampler plate which has three of their specialties. It is a great way to take a taste tour and decide what you would like to order next time. The sampler plate is not on the menu but just ask for it. I ordered ceviche which was a very generous serving and was one of the best I have ever had. We will definitely go back and recommend you stop and give them a try.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank John D

Texas
“Welcome to our Peruvian home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The family that owns this restaurant is welcoming and enthusiastic about helping you explore the food of Peru. The empanadas have just the right type of flaky crust and the fillings are varied and flavorful. The main courses are satisfying and well prepared. Be sure to save room for the homemade desserts!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank pusdoc
San Antonio, Texas
“Great service, some of the food is good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Like any other Peruvian restaurant you need to know what to order, In other words what's the house specialty. Chuyos has excellent causa and alfajores. Unfortunately they ran out of Inka Kola and chicha morada (Peruvian non alcoholic drink) because it was the day after Valentine's. The service was great I just wish the server asked me first if she could practice her Spanish with me. I really wasn't in the mood for listening to Spanglish or deciphering Spanglish. I will return to give it another try, their alfajores were really good, unfortunately their lomo saltado which most of us Peruvians look forward to, was at best mediocre. Like I said earlier I want to give it another try and really find out what their specialty is.

2 Thank soldevep
McKinney, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best peruvian restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find this awesome restaurant just outside of Houston!
Oh my is it good!
We ate ceviche, causa, fried fish with rice, papa rellena, seco de carne, aji de gallina, adobo, drank inca kola and Pisco sour!
Everything was super delicious and the portion sizes are pretty large.
The owners are very friendly! The type of service they offer is A+. Prices are very affordable.

We highly recommend this restaurant! :)

1 Thank Delaust
Houston, Texas
“Good Taste of Peru”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I took my customer here for an early dinner. The place is clean, and makes a positive first impression.

We were warmly greeted by the wife and sat down with a smile and menu. I handed back the menus and said we are hungry and want to eat whatever they have that is good

The owner smiled and went back into the kitchen. We were fed a wonderful 5 course meal (2 appetizers, 2 main meals, 2 desserts and even a Pisco Sour drink). The food and drink was very good.

This is a family business that cares.
I am lucky to travel to Peru often for my job. I have eaten at some of the most amazing places in Lima, Peru.

I am happy to say that the love and warmth this family has - goes into their food and service. It was a wonderful meal and I will return

1 Thank AllGood422