“Horrible Customer Service”

Super 8 League City-Kemah Area
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in League City
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Booked this hotel via Super8.com. The name on this website is: "Super 8 League City/Kemah Area." The fact is, this hotel is NOT in Kemah, it is in League City off the I-45 freeway. It is 7.2 miles/17 minutes from the Kemah area. We found this out around 3:15 pm on the day of arrival when we arrived at the Super 8 Kemah (1413 Hwy 146, Kemah, TX 77565). We called the League City Super 8 and I explained to them that the online name of the hotel was deceiving and we really wanted a hotel near Kemah, thus we didn't want to stay there anymore. The guy at the front desk said and they said he couldn't cancel since I had booked online. I explained to him that I had called the hotel earlier to extend the stay one day and they actually changed my reservation at the hotel. It's as if he wasn't listening at all. I then said let me talk to your manager. He said "He's not available." And then "you cannot cancel, we reserved this room for you." I said, OK, if you won't do it, give me the Super 8 corporate number so I can cancel through them. "I'm sorry, I can't give you that information" he replied. I hung up on him. I was furious. After I calmed down I quickly searched the web and I found the number for Wyndham reservations. i called them and they were able to help me. I cancelled with 20 minutes to spare.

The guys at the Kemah Super 8 said this happens often and that the manager of the other Super 8 is never there and they never let you cancel through them.

This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had in a hotel. After reading some of the reviews below I see that I'm not alone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
super8leaguecity, Webmaster at Super 8 League City-Kemah Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Super8 during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the inconvenience caused whatsoever.

Systems have been put in place to ensure a smooth check in and finest hospitality to all our guests.

You will never get a chance to put a negative comment on the bookings, reservations, cancellations or guest friendly hospitality from our hotel staff.

Please make a note of this and choose us once again to stay and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here prior to a cruise for a night over Memorial weekend. The room was clean, but the chlorine smell was nauseating on the first floor where we were staying. Had I known this ahead of time, I would have requested an upper floor. You could smell it in all the rooms :\
The breakfast was nothing special: cereal and milk, a pancake bar, and juice. Nothing warm.

I think we might stay here again for another cruise, if needed......but don't expect a good breakfast and do not stay in a room on the ground floor!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Super8 during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and for putting your observations straight.

We have seriously noted all the issues you have mentioned and especially the chlorine smell and breakfast.

We shall ensure that every point is properly taken care of and also that our guests get a wholesome breakfast always.

We would like to change your opinion and shall ensure you a very pleasant stay next time without any room for a negative comment.

We take the reviews in true sense for improvement.

Hope to see you soon!

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

A great stay, staff very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean,comfortable bed had no complaints what so ever. We were there for medical reasons and we will stay gain.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Room Was Very Clean...The Bed Was Very Comfortable...The Continental Breakfast Was Great Wish They Had Decaf Coffee Made Though But They Didnt...The Staff Was Friendly...I Would Stay At This Hotel Again And Recomend It To Anyone...Only Bad Thing No Bar In The Bathtub/Shower To Hold Onto That Should Be In Every Shower A Friend Of Mine Slipped And Hit The Wall

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

3 mi away
Budgetel Inn Houston
Budgetel Inn Houston
#381 of 518 in Houston

Been to Super 8 League City-Kemah Area? Share your experiences!