“Terrible”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in League City
Toronto, Canada
“Terrible”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here last year in May 2013 and it was just awful. Rooms were unsanitary with black mold, and hotel staffed lied to us about vacancy when asked for a room change. Only after an angry phone call to Corporate did they agree to switch our room (a vacancy magically appeared). The second room was only slightly less moldy than the first.

If you want to stay at a place where they would lie to your face without flinching, this is the place to be.

Stay away!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
super8leaguecity, Webmaster at Super 8 League City-Kemah Area, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the comments even though they refer to a stay that was more than a year ago. Since that time, we’ve changed and improved the property in many ways and are better than ever. We hope guests will judge us based on what they find at our clean, comfortable hotel today rather than on recent comments about a stay in the distant past. We’ve always satisfied most guests completely, but we’re now doing an even better job.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

After the initial language barrier-all was fine. BOOK ONLINE. (cheaper this way). Indoor pool and hot tub, clean room, CHEAP. One minute walk to Cracker Barrel. Try not to notice weird color scheme-I dare you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The window lock in my initial room on the 1st floor was broken off. There was a modified broom handle as a replacement, yet it was too short to do any good. Moved to a 2nd floor room to find that the room's window lock was also broken off and there was not "replacement" lock. There was no light switch panel on the main light switch which my 9 yr old son flipped on when we walked in the second room. Both rooms had multi outlet plugs into the existing outlets and were loaded down with many cords. The day front desk employee lied on multiple occasions to our faces. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: No room is safe in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KnoxSoccerMom
Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that some maintenance issues detracted from your stay. All repairs are handled by experts and comply with local ordinances and state laws, so you can be sure our rooms are as safe as they are comfortable and affordable. Still, I apologize if anything made you uncomfortable. I hope you’ll try us again in the future as we’re always improving, getting better and better each day.

Houston
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This review is from my view point, being completely honest. Poor service (rude attitude and contradictory to what ever I said). Poor breakfast. Awful smell all over the place. They took advantage of my dad overcharging him since he doesn't speak English well enough. They placed me in a smoking room even that there were two children with me, they refused to change the room. I'd not stay there ever again, I'd not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Travelmastir
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with us. We try to provide expert service and great accommodations in every case, but we realize we sometimes fall short. For that, I apologize. Please understand that any lapses you experienced are unusual and not an indication of how we usually do business. Please try us again in the future to see how we’re changing and improving.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

You stay here for the same reasons I did: it's near the interstate and it's really cheap (~$60/night). The rooms are very big, clean, and pretty quiet. The staff are curt and abrupt, and the hallways and lobby smell oniony. But, for your pennies, it's just fine.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mlr3703
super8leaguecity, Webmaster at Super 8 League City-Kemah Area, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you find us to be a good value. I’m sorry that you didn’t find an experience that exceeded your expectations, however. We’re proud of the combination of value and amenities we provide along with expert, personal service. If you didn’t experience that, I’m terribly sorry. In any case, I hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was the most unfriendly hotel staff that I have ever encountered towards kids. They also want what they want and will not listen to any request that you may have or need. THE ATT. OF MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY IS WHAT YOU WILL GET.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lolita H
Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving feedback for us. I’m terribly sorry that you had an unpleasant customer service experience at our hotel. We take genuine pride in the quality of our staff and feel bad that we did not serve you in the best way possible. I hope you will forgive us for this shortcoming and allow us to serve you again when you’re in the area. I apologize to you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near League City
Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston

Been to Super 8 League City-Kemah Area? Share your experiences!