“Great menu variety, reasonable prices”

Luna's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 173 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 April 2017

My friend and I, who are both Catholic, went to Luna's on Friday. We expected to get cheese enchiladas since we needed to avoid meat. The menu was a pleasant surprise; spinach enchiladas, veggie quesadillas, seafood tacos, I could go on and on. So many good choices for observant Catholics. We shared the veggie quesadillas, which delicious. She had cheese enchiladas and I had seafood enchiladas. Both were very tasty and there was so much food that be each had a second meal the next day. And the happy hour margaritas are cheap and wonderful! Not at all watered down like some happy hour drinks. We'll be back.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Well, it's not the greatest for the price. The $6 margarita was terrible!!!! It came in a high ball glass. The "seafood" nachos where very lacking, it was just shrimp and cheese. Comparatively, there are far superior Mexican restaurants in the area for a much better price.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I sat on the nice patio on a clear, cool night expecting a good experience. It was anything but. I ordered the El Corral Trio ($16)--beef fajitas were chewy, but chicken & shrimp were fine. It took forever to get my order. The waiter said it was because they were slammed with a large group. I reminded him that he didn't bring tortillas for my fajitas--same excuse, the big party meant the tortillas weren't ready yet. When they finally arrived several minutes later, they were room temp and beginning to get hard & stiff. That tells me they were ready when my meal was and he just forgot them. Charro beans were off-temperature and not very good to boot By now, I was in a hurry because of the delays with the kitchen and/or the waiter. I noticed he doubled the tab--what was supposed to be $19.93 total had the same amount included as the tip--$39.86 for slow service, tough beef and stiff tortillas?? A $19 tip, I don't think so! I took the ticket to the receptionist since my waiter was nowhere in sight. Some guy who may have been the manager said they would have to correct the over charge at the bar's register and instructed me to follow the receptionist to the bar. Then the waiter shows up, looks at the ticket, mutters something about a computer glich and says follow him back to the receptionist area because the mistake will have to be corrected on the receptionist's register. They got me running all over the place to correct their mistake?? There's a popular Mexican restaurant (El Sombrero) right across the parking lot and that's where I'll go next time.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Tex-Mex food was not great. It's okay. There is a lot to choose from on the menu, and I've tried a few dishes. I am not impressed by the flavors or the quality of food. It's way over priced.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

As with all Tex-Mex restaurants, some items on the menu are good and some not-so-good. I find the fajita's to be good and the enchiladas only okay. The salsa is fairly good which is good because salsa at a Tex-Mex restaurant is highly important(bad salsa and I do not go there again).