“Extensive Menu”

El Tucan Mexican Restaurant
Ssandydavis@aol.com
“Extensive Menu”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

There are a couple things I don't like, but explore this large menu and you'll be rewarded. Stay away from the Tex Mex combination plates and go with offerings such as Shrimp Diablos, Shrimp Rancheros, Pollo Jardin, Poblano Faitas, Mixed Fajitas w/ beef, chicken & shrimp.

Garlickly rice w/ corn is very tasty, but refried beans are not--they have a weird orangey-brown color and no taste. Either order double rice or possibly charro beans (which I haven't tried yet). Chips are thick & grainy, suggesting they come from a supplier, however, red and green sauces are good which helps make the chips passable.

Decor is kind of drabby--needs to be more festive. And a pet peeve of mine is when a Mexican restaurant doesn't SMELL like one.....

Service is friendly, though some are not very fluent in English. Prices are reasonable.

El Tucan reminds me another Mexican restaurant (also in League City), El Centinella, in that both have extensive menus of hard-to-find dishes and neither does Tex Mex combo dinners all that well.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas, United States
“AWESOME FOOD !!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Awesome shrimp !!!!! Cold Beer !!!!!!! Great price !!!!!!!!! Great Service !!!!!!! Need I say more?
Well I will, oreder the parrillada or any of the steaks on the menu and ask the server to put a couple of grilled shrimp on top.

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful food and friendly service”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

In town for a couple of days visiting family. We've been to almost all of the Mexican food restaurants in the League City area over the years and this is one of the best. I had their stuffed avocados one day, which were awesome, and this evening I had poblano fajitas which were really good. My wife tells me the margaritas are good and my sister in law loved the piña colada. I definitely recommend checking out this place.

Visited August 2013
League City, Texas
“Shrimp Diablos! Yum!!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Passed by this place a few times and went in on a whim and Im glad I did. The service was excellent, the waiters were very attentive and knowledgable. My margarita glass never stayed empty long and let me tell you those margaritas were amazing! I got the shrimp rancheros which were excellent and both of my friends got the shrimp diablos and they were divine. I will definitely be back here soon and often.

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great parrillada!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The parrillada was AWESOME!, authentic mexican flavor and generous portions. Staff is really friendly in a family environment. Definitely will come back.

• Visited June 2013