“What A Disappointment”
Review of Tuscany Bistro

Tuscany Bistro
Ranked #27 of 175 Restaurants in League City
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Description: Tuscany Bistro offers a casual dining experience. Lunch time offers great signature sandwiches such a Chipotle Chicken Club, Grilled Cuban, Tuscan Mango Chicken Sandwich, Salmon burger made with a filet not a patty. They also offer fresh salads such as Cilantro and Lime Salad, Walnut Salad with fresh fruit and many more ! Dinner time offers a great selection of creative pastas as well as chicken and seafood & beef selections. Tuscany Bistro also has the best Burgers around! No prefab patties here! They pride themselves for making everything in House from scratch! From the bread to salad dressing and everything in between! What ever you are craving there something for you here. Whether it is something light and heathy or savory and hardy. Come in and taste for yourself!
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I ate here last Fri. Night. There was only one other table of people in the Restaurant. We started with Escargot. The Menu says that they were "Jumbo". These were the smallest Escargot I have ever seen. They looked like they were shriveled and overcooked and did not have much butter surrounding them. We were served hard Toast that we could not even get into the butter. My husband ordered Chilean Sea Bass and he said it wasn't the best, but he liked it. I ordered the Red Snapper, and it was so tough. I couldn't get a fork through it. I have never had a piece of Fish in this sad of a condition. We called over the Waitress to explain the problem, and she said the Chef told her that he was afraid it was not going to be good. She then offered for me to re-order something else. I chose the Portobello & Ricotta Ravioli. It came out fairly quickly, but it was a big bowl of brown sauce and I couldn't see any Ravioli. I did fish out a couple from the bottom of the bowl, but they were under-whelming. I decided to just give up on my meal. The Waitress asked how it was, and I told her it looked like glop. She said the food would be better if they let her do the cooking. My meal was comped, as it should have been. There is no way I could give Tuscany Bistro a second chance; too many other places around to try.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Four of us went here for Sunday brunch. At our table we ordered the Tuscan Mango, The Cuban, the Nutella Stuffed French Toast, and I ordered the Pesto BLT. Two of us also ordered Lemonade to drink, which was tasty.
Both the Tuscan Mango and The Cuban sandwiches were good. The Pesto BLT was pretty good, but had just a touch too much pesto for my liking. The Nutella Stuffed French Toast tasted good, but there wasn't any "Stuffed" to it. It was just small triangles of toasted bread with Nutella on top, along with some strawberry and banana slices.
For desert I ordered the Salted Carmel Gelato. It also tasted very good. Others at the table ordered the 14 Carrot Cake, which was pretty good, but not outstanding.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Made a reservation 3 days ago over Yelp after looking at their positive reviews.

We arrived 10 min early but the table was set up perfectly.
They were half way full but the service was still fast and pleasant.

I was truly amazed at their wine menu.
All the food we ordered was delicious !!

We will be back soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

My wife and I went to Tuscany Bistro to celebrate our Valentine's day.

Great wine and great food !

I ordered Delmonico Steak. Very high quality and great price. Ordered BV Tapestry Red Wine and it was very tasty. My wife had duck confit and it was the best duck we ever tasted in Texas.

We will be back soon and try different menu items. Coq au vin and Chilean sea bass look amazing.

If you are looking for good Italian and French restaurant, you need to check it out.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My significant other and I went to Tuscany Bistro last night, looking forward to a relaxed romantic dinner on Valentine's Day. We had been to this restaurant several times in the past and have always enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. However, after our disappointing experience last night, we will not go there for Valentine's Day again.

We showed up on time for our reservation and were immediately taken to a table. Our waiter came over, introduced himself and then proceeded to tell us what was special for Happy Hour and then, never mind, we just missed Happy Hour. I asked about the complimentary glass of house wine that was advertised on their website for Tuesday nights and was told that it didn't apply that night. Okay, it was Valentine's Day. I got that.

Eventually we ordered wine and then dinner. My boyfriend had a salad and was only about halfway finished when our entrees were brought out. The person who brought out the entrees asked if he was finished with his salad yet and wanted to take it away- but he was still eating it. We felt like we were being rushed to finish so they could turn the table.

Our waiter never came back to ask how we liked our dinner and did we need anything. Never came back to see if we wanted another glass of wine or needed more water. I ended up drinking my boyfriend's water once I finished mine. I know we could have tried to get our waiter's attention to ask for water, but you know, it just didn't seem worth the effort. Instead of a relaxed romantic dinner, we were in and out in about an hour and just didn't feel we made the right choice in going to Tuscany Bistro. We are both very disappointed and will probably wait awhile before returning to the restaurant. And we will not choose to go there again for Valentine's Day.