“Hoping the owners can improve this property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leakey
The Historic Leakey Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Leakey B&B and Inns
Natchez
“Hoping the owners can improve this property”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

By the previous owners responses, it looks like they are trying. Our cabin was ok, just ok. AC worked well, it was mostly clean and no bugs. Cabins are not perfect, but better than staying in a tent. And I will say again, AC worked! Bathroom door knob was missing parts and did not close or lock. Coffee pot took about a half hour to brew. Towel supply minimal, we were expected to reuse. I do understand Texas is in a drought and they are conserving water??? They provide an ice chest and a refrigerator and a microwave. But you were asked to pay $3 for a bag of ice. There is a store right down the street to buy supplies. We thought the river was closer, but it wasn't. Our mistake. Not much to do in the evenings. We expected to use the pool, but water very cloudy and did not look clean. We came to ride the Twisted Sisters and 2 nights stay was not needed. There was a 2 night minimum. We ended up cutting our losses and checking out early. If you are traveling with a group and need a place to hang out, this is not a bad place. Bring cards or games or horseshoes or something. Or if you just want to be without TV or phones, this is your place. I am told their rate is good for the location. All the cabins have fire extinguishers hung on the outside. Ours had not been checked since 2000, and had been in service years before that. Not good. The pool needs some attention. The chemicals need to be maintained. I hope the new owners can make it better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Leakeyinn, Owner at The Historic Leakey Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I have now owned this great property for 4 months. I appreciate your input. I am always available to fix any small problems that may arise during my guests stay and take pride in solving any small problems in a very timely manner. My guests are very important to me and I take a lot of pride in my property. I will continue on a daily basis to improve the little things that will make each guests stay more comfortable. Guests may call me anytime and discuss the details of my property in detail. I look forward to talking to anyone interested in future stays.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)

Been to The Historic Leakey Inn? Share your experiences!