“Uninvited Guests”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Uninvited Guests”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times, and have had no major issues until today. It's an older hotel but reasonably clean.

We checked in to our room, and as we got settled noticed that there were ants behind and around the nightstand in one room of the suite. About an hour later, there was a knock on the door and I promptly got up to answer; by the time I crossed the room the door was already opening and a young man in a Residence Inn polo shirt (no badge or any attempt to identify himself) walked into the room. I expected a surprised apology and a quick exit, but instead he strode past me and announced "I'm checking the phones, we just got new ones and some need face plates." He walked into one bedroom of the suite, then through the living room, looking at the phones but also quite possibly looking at all of our possessions, and then into the other bedroom where my husband was lying on the bed - and actually leaned over my husband to look at that phone! He said he was going into the hall and then would be right back - and I asked him not to return until after we had checked out the following day. It was just very strange. We promptly booked a room at a different hotel and left.

We are reasonable people, and not terribly picky when it comes to hotels. We hope for clean sheets, a pleasant smell, no insect infestations, and nobody barging into the room unannounced. The entire situation was so uncomfortable that I will absolutely not be staying at this hotel on future trips to the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vikinggoddess
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Vikinggoddess,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the negative experience you had while you were our guest. What happened was unacceptable and I have already addressed it with my staff member to ensure that a similar incident will not happen again. I'm truly sorry for any stress that this incident caused you. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind and to earn back your trust on your next visit to Lewisville.

Joe S.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Flower Mound
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had a great stay at this location. We came home from a weekend trip and our home was flooded so our insurance company made arrangement for our stay at this location. The complete staff was very polite and considerate and never hesitated to acknowledge us as we came in and left the premises. Our suite was very nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the suite was decorated very nicely with all the ammenities of home. Breakfast and the nightly happy hour was a plus too, as we did not have to spend much on eating out. I would recommend this place to anyone and also would let everyone know that these properties provide "room at the inn" hospitatlity during the holidays and people in need of a room.

Room Tip: We were in a room at the end of the hall that had a staircase and an door to go out to the smoking a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were in Dallas , Tx for Spring Break for a basketball tournament . From the moment we stepped in the door we were greeted by front desk agent Jasmine. Her warm smile and kind efficient checkin was exceptional. I noticed that entire staff were very friendly and offer additional service. The next morning I was able to come in contact with the GM Ms. Brittany Wade. I was very impressed that my son asked for a basketball and she immediately dropped what she was doing and gave it to him. My son told me she was very engaged with him by talking to him about basketball. Not only did that make me and his dad happy but Janoel said she allowed me to express my love for basketball. We will definitely recommend Residence Inn in Lewisville to our family and friends. And this is our new home when we come back to the Dallas area.

Room Tip: Very spacious room. Very clean and a mall and many restaurants close by.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Met immediately by friendly and helpful service at the front desk. Recognized for my Marriott Rewards status and given water and invited to grab some chips or cookies. Room was very nice, clean and looked relatively new. Breakfast was good, wide variety of foods to choose from.

Good location as well, plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Definitely would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We've stayed at many Residence Inns and have always had great experiences with them. This was no exception. Comfortable, clean, and Nakia (front desk) was so friendly we felt right at home from the minute we walked in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear DML2014,
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you appreciated your time with us at our Residence Inn in Lewisville, TX. It is our job to ensure you have a clean and comfortable stay with associates who have the passion for making your stay even better. I will make sure Nakia knows how much you felt welcomed by her exceptional service. We hope to see you again when travels bring you back to our area.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I always stay at this location when I am in the Dallas area because they are the friendliest place i have stayed at in the 15 years that i have traveled to Dallas. I have stayed at numerous locations before finding this hotel. Just an example, my recent stay, Tavia took care of my room and left me a personal hand written note hoping that I have a good day. This personal touch is what keep me coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi Mr. Stan!
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us this past week! After sharing the note with Tavia and the rest of my staff she was so thrilled to know that her small token of appreciation went a long way. Our team always looks for the small things that helps us stand apart amongst the many other hotels in the Lewisville area. We hope to see you soon when travels bring you back to our town, and I will personally make sure Tavia is your suite keeper for that week!

At your service,
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am wrapping my last night of another stay in Residence Inn. This time I stayed at the location in Lewisville, Tx. for 14 days (11/7 thru 11/21). I had the pleasure of meeting several awesome staff members. The first person I met was Christa Olesen. She checked me in and, with a lot of patients, made some needed chances to my reservation. Every staff member I met from check-in until now have been very pleasant and social. My room is very nice, clean and well stocked. The hotel is current in style and design. The colors are beautiful. It has a small, but full kitchen in an open floor plan. It has all the amenities of home minus the oven. Two ladies from housekeeping (Jessica Taylor and Evelyn Bolta) keep my room in top condition every day. Ladonna had breakfast nicely prepared and laid out each morning. If you see her, ask her about her arm. She is having a little trouble with it. It would really make her feel good knowing someone cares. I also met Sal. He works the front desk and is very friendly. He usually had a claim, take care of the guess kind of presents. I don't want to forget Julia. She prepares dinner in the evenings. My first night she made an amazing potato and bacon soup. It's worth the stay alone. I didn't meet the manager (Brittany Wade) until late in my stay. She just as all of her staff, was very friendly and extremely easy to talk with. Joe and Darnel are two staffers I saw in passing. Their smiles keep the hotel warm and pleasant. In all, I would say this location really has it together. The staff, the location and the price point are all in sync. I would highly recommend this location for both short-term and long-term stays.

FYI --- Christa Olesen is both pretty and SMART!

Room Tip: I am a single male traveler. I travel mainly for business. This location is great for the business t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hi Zhean H!
Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to let us know how much you appreciated your two week stay with us. It is always exciting to know all of our extended stay guests, because you all are considered family members to us. During our morning meetings we discuss wonderful things that our guests have to say about us, and your feedback truly touched the hearts of everyone! We are so happy that you will allow us to continue to be your home away from home and can't wait to see you soon!