“Blown away...what a value!"”

Residence Inn Dallas Lewisville
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
okc,ok
“Blown away...what a value!"”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I wanted to give this place a perfect score, except for the broken air conditioner. The manager said they were doing some emergency repairs on it.
We enjoyed the choice of feather or foam pillows. Children enjoyed having 3 TVs.
Staff pleasant and helpful.
Pool clean, could have been just a tad warmer, but no biggie. Hot tub clean and ahhhhhhhh, just right. Nice work out room.
Our room : with two separate bedrooms, living room with fireplace and full kitchen. We could have lived here.
Breakfast was good. I took it back to the room while everyone slept. Kept it all in the fridge until they were ready to eat.
Then after a nice morning swim it was heat and eat time on real dishes. So nice to sit together at the table in our quiet room and enjoy each others company before getting back on the road.
We were very pleased and will stay again. I feel certain the concierge tells the truth about actively working on the air conditioning system.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Double Oak, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We reprised our previous Thanksgiving stay this year and found the Residence Inn in Lewisville still excellent for our purposes. The staff is helpful, friendly and welcoming. We needed a battery in our smoke detector when we returned one night and it was replaced within 10 minutes. The housekeeping is absolutely first rate. The rooms are extremely well-equipped for a longer stay and the breakfast and "social hour" are quite good. We especially appreciate the changing menu of hot breakfast items day-to-day. In all, the place has become our home away from home when in the area for family events, Still recommended highly.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2010

This hotel was much nicer than I expected. The rooms were very clean the breakfast was good. I would give it five stars for it's class, but the carpets were cleaned in our room halfway through my stay and stayed wet that day and damp the next. The indoor pool room was so hot that it was uncomfortable to stay in there and swim. Otherwise, this hotel was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Hudson Valley
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Stayed here just for night over a weekend. The checkin was very friendly and helpful as I arrived at the wrong RI, but decided to stay.

The place is in good condition, comfortable and roomy.

CRT type TVs, with a good selection of channels, including multiple HBOs. The internet access was good and free.

There was noise from the hallwasy & the next room at times (loud voices, bumbs on the wall... but not sure if this was the construction or just noisy people.

The included hot & cold breakfast buffet was good, including a pot of real oatmeal. The breakfast room is a bit small, so I can see it being a problem during the busier week day mornings.

A very good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel for business and leisure purposes. It was a nice place. It is convienently located near Costco and other resturants. They have a gym that is nice. The staff has always been nice. They also have a nice breakfast that is cooked there. You can always see the kitchen staff cooking the eggs in the kitchen. It is close to Dallas area or if you are flying out of DFW its very close. It is also very quiet. We have stayed here many times because we like the convience of the area and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank mljhnsn
Janesville, WI
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I stayed in this room for two weeks on business and will be staying again for another two weeks very soon. The place has nice comfy beds and real friendly staff. It also leaves alot to be desired. I had a room with a wonderful view of the parking lot which has to have the brightest lights over it that are made. No matter what I did with the drapes it looked like it was the middle of afternoon at my window. The building is stick build so it does not block much noise. In my stay I regularly heard the dog in the room next door, people coming and going, and the baby accross the hall crying. The tv is laughable, very small and poor picture quality that is in no way visible from the bed or the little uncomfortable living room set up without moving the wheeled tv stand around.( I have been traveling alot this year and have been spoiled by the hyatts and hiltons with the 42" plasma screens) The rooms just have a very old well worn feel to them. I personally expect a bit more for an extended stay at this price point. The "workout center" would work, I guess, as it had a bit higher quality equipment than you typically find in hotels, but there is a very nice gym accross the street from the hotel. The pool was also laughable as it was about as big as most hotel hot tubs. The breakfast was good and they also have a drinks/appetizer hour every night that is a very nice gesture. The staff was very friendly and professional. The internet speed is TERRIBLE! With how cheap bandwidth and routers are now there is no excuse for slow connections. And their little "business office" computer is a joke. I needed to print some stuff for expense reports and nearly gave up becuase the computer and connection were so painfully slow. In my two week stay I killed at least 10 BIG grasshoppers/crickets and 2 or 3 salamanders which isn't out of the ordinary for down south but worth mentioning. I think this place has potential but is in serious need of a remodel and modernizing. I would personally not stay here again if I had the choice and it was on my dime. It's in a good area with lot's of shopping and plenty of dining nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kawisixer01
Helena, MT
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Comfy bed and clean room. Breakfast was always set out earlier than was planned with a much larger variety of choices, from oatmeal to eggs & sausage, than was expected. Staff was more than helpful in answering questions and fulfilling my needs. Mall located directly behind the hotel and Costco within 1/4 mile made helping my daughter set up her apartment very convenient. I don't have to worry about where to stay when we return for her graduation in May!

Stayed September 2009, travelled solo