“Shelly always treats me nice. I alway come here about 4 times a year”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The rooms are reasonably priced, very clean, and everyone is cool. My girl Shelly always makes me laugh and smile every time. I work in retail and excellent customer service means a lot to me. I have to stay in a lot of different hotels during the year due to the growth of my company and I always end up in a extended stay for a few weeks some time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that our staff made your stay enjoyable, especially Shelly. It was a true pleasure to have you visit with us and we look forward to you doing so again in the future!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed two nights here and rooms were great and newly updated. AC blows cold and water gets hot. My only concerns were the people hanging around in the lobby for several hours both nights drinking. Management should keep them out of there since there are rooms close by. I also was on a non smoking hall, and i'm pretty sure there were a couple of rooms that were smoking in there anyway. One other note, when leaving this morning, I noticed a police officer taking a report from one of the workers. I don't know what that was about, but it's a bit concerning. If these two issues weren't there, I would have given a better rating.

P.S. They should add Fox Sports Southwest to channel lineup. Most Tx Rangers games are aired on that channel

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from lobby!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the different happenings that took place at our hotel which made you feel uncomfortable. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously, which is why I am so disheartened to read your comments. Using them as an example, I am going to be reviewing our nighttime policies and procedures with all of the staff, ensuring these types of situations do not happen again.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at LEW@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I really liked the the hotel for the price, people there was so frienly, it is good located and newly renovated . The rooms were good size and the pillows so soft.
they invest in a flat screen tv.
I will come back next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Mariela - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed at Lewisville Extended Stay for many weeks for work. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The hotel has been remodeled recently and my room was very nice. No funky smells and carpet was clean. Bed was new but a bit hard for me so I got egg crates for $15 at Target(right down the road) and then all was great. I felt safe at night & it was quiet. Parking was always easy and the lot is lit very well for safety. Multiple restaurants in walking distance which is very convenient. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

My only two issues were not deal breakers for me but I would have given 5 stars had they been fixed. The hotel is pet friendly but there is not a dog station with bags available so people will pick up after their pets. If they are not going to provide bags then they should be telling guests or posting signs that they are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. I always had my own bags but clearly no one else did. It was disgusting walking my dog with all the dog waste everywhere. Trying to make sure neither he nor I stepped in any was almost impossible. The second issue for me was the laundry room. There was only 4 washers for the entire hotel--that's when all 4 were working. They were very old and did not work well. There was 6 dryers and they worked fine. I opted out and went to a laundromat after 2 bad experiences. Really annoying and time consuming.

I must say I enjoyed my time spent at Extended Stay much more then I have at many other long term hotels. I would recommend it to others needing a long term place to stay that does not break the bank. The 2 issues I had are easily fixable. When I travel room cleanliness, safety and price are key factors and they definitely met my expectations. The friendly staff was a lovely added bonus!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have 2 sets of windows for a nice bright room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the hotel was not providing bags and others were not cleaning up after their pets. To prevent this from happening again, my team is providing doggie bags at the front desk. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lew@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I say Pet Un-Friendly because it is advertised as a Pet Friendly hotel. Yet their Pet Policy is such a rip off and to me pretty expensive as far as a cost goes when you consider that staying at an extended stay is supposed to be a cheaper cost.

They charge a $25 daily "special" cleaning not to exceed $150 to allow your pet to stay their.

First off that is about a 1/3 of the cost for you to stay at the hotel per night!

Second, no one even comes to do a "special" cleaning of your room. So this ends up being a "service" that the do not provide as it really is simply a fee to allow your pet to stay. They don't have a maid service so as to cut your costs while you stay. Yet they sure charge you to have a "special" cleaning done after you leave though! What if my dog doesn't have fleas? What if my dog didn't soil the carpet? $150 says the maid does not come in & specially shampoo your carpet with some special pet shampoo. She or he probably grabs a vacuum at most to pick up any pet hair they may see. But isn't that just part of a "normal" clean up after the guests leave?

I understand a pet deposit as many people do not have the best pets in the world. They have accidents, they tear up stuff, the have fleas, etc. So if you have that kind of pet then you are going to lose your deposit and much more. If you don't you get that back, no problem at all.

BUT at the Extended Stay, they simply just charge you $25 a night for no service and for no reason other than as an excuse to charge you more money.

Granted they state these fees on their website but I'm simply pointing out that other Pet Friendly hotels generally in my experience just charge you a deposit. I feel as though I could have named a price for a hotel on Priceline or Orbitz that was Pet Friendly for a cheaper than paying the room rate and the "special" cleaning fee at an Extended Stay which is designed to cut your costs by providing you a room with limited cooking and refrigeration. The Pet Fee really inhibits your ability to travel for relocation purposes like I thought an Extended Stay would provide. I probably could have got a room at Priceline for $35 (saving $40 per night from Extended Stay) and if you factor in the $25 cleaning fee per night there ($60 over Priceline) could have got a room with a mini-fridge and ate a complementary breakfast there, packed a few sandwiches, and ate out at Subway with just a water and chips for less than the price Extended Stay charged! And my dog wouldn't have soiled the carpet or tore anything up so I would have got my deposit back in a few days after check out!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Traveling_Gnome_13
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on provide great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
As you probably know, we specialize in providing functional living spaces at exceptional prices. We have the honor of serving many of our guests for weeks or even months. So, we think it makes sense to welcome the four-legged members of their families as well. Given our commitment to ensuring that every guest receives a clean, comfortable room, our standard policy for cleaning rooms in which pets have been present includes a deep cleaning of bedding, carpets, and other fabrics and ventilation systems. Given the level of detail involved in our cleaning service, we believe that our fees are reasonable, and also find them to be lower than our typical competitors. I do, however, very much understand your concern.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have been traveling back and forth from OK to Lewisville, TX for the past three years and I stay at a hotel when I am in Lewisville. The first year I stayed at the Extended Stay and then last year I decided to start staying at the Motel 6 in the area to save money. Earlier this year I switched back to the Extended Stay for (theoretically) one night and ever since then I have not gone back to the Motel 6. The accommodations are much nicer and the staff is always very friendly. The Manager, Krystal even remembered me from the previous year and "welcomed" me back. This is a very nice hotel, close to many restaurants and conveniently located to the highway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debi K
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Lewisville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our location convenient and the staff friendly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Feel free to contact me at lew@extendedstay.com should you have any further comments.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed about 2 weeks and the staff was always extremely friendly and helpful. The Grab and Go breakfast was terrific - always hot coffee, and choices of oatmeal, and fresh fruit - Excellent! We stayed in both upstairs and downstairs and both were great. Our small dog was always greeted with smiles - and she enjoyed her playful new friend Oscar! We would certainly recommend the Extended Stay America - and the new remodeled rooms are terrific. Thanks.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our first floor room which was an easy trip to walk our small dog. Nearby restaurants (wa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our staff friendly and the newly implemented Grab and Go breakfast refreshing. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Feel free to contact us at lew@extendedstay.com should you have any further comments.