“Don't even consider staying here-disgusting!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge & Suites

Econo Lodge & Suites
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Crystal Beach, Texas
“Don't even consider staying here-disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was the most disgusting room I had ever booked! Most of the Econo Lodges I have stayed in are old and worn, but I had never seen one that was filthy. The towels had stains on them, the bathroom was dirty which included standing dirt on the floor and the room stunk horribly of cigarette smoke. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread and the window curtain was stained with the hem hanging down. The final straw was a blood stain on the sheet-like it hadn't even been changed. The refrigerator didn't work and there was no ice in the single machine in the building. I couldn't take it-I left. This is a Choice Hotel - there was nothing "choice" about it. I have notified the Choice people and they were horrified. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank txtootsie
Econotx, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Customer,

On behalf of the staff, we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. The goal of our hotel is to offer a clean, comfortable room at a budget price and we clearly didn't accomplish our goal. Please feel free to let the front desk manager know about these issues immediately, so that we may be able to correct the problems.

Thank you for your feedback and our sincerest apology for the problems you encountered,

Econo Lodge Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Second time we have stayed here. Great staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean.
It's a little old...but hey for the price you can't beat it. A bonus to is there's a
Cracker Barrel right in front of it! We will be back again in November.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

There is no better stay than here,they are great!! The rooms are clean and they are super nice everytime I fly in!! It is quiet and no hassels with the parking, I forgot my key twice and with no questions asked they replaced it!! Coming from out of state is hard enough and they make things so much easier!!!Close to freeway,restuarants,Grapevine Mall and much more!! I recommend them!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Lizzie562
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is disgusting. When we arrived, some lady was being handcuffed and hauled out by the police. The front desk person looked like he had just got out of bed. The waffle batter at breakfast was so watered down it was terrible.They had bread and corndogs if you didn't want waffles. I didn't realize how bad the waffles were until we stayed at an another hotel and the breakfast was awesome. Same price for the room. When we checked out, I rang the service bell for about 10 minutes. Nobody came.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
econolodgelewisville, Webmaster at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments from some time ago. I apologize that we did not immediately respond and that we let you down in many ways. We have since made many changes at the hotel that make for the best possible guest experience. When you can, I hope you will visit again. Comments like yours have been important to us as we’ve changed and improved.

Cherry Valley, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms, 2 nights at the Lewisville, TX facility, 6/15-6/16.. I was quoted an online senior rate of $81.34, yet was charged $90.38. These were the worst motel rooms we've ever stayed in. First room given was so badly damaged, with the a/c front hanging off, and large cuts in the desk and headboard. We asked to be moved. I am disabled but told the only other room available was upstairs. Upon returning the second day, the room had not been cleaned & the clerk said that the cleaning person didn’t shown up for work until after 1:30pm, yet it was 8:30pm before arrival back to my room. The clerk was not helpful and was never at the front desk. We had to ring the bell continually to get his attention. We were told that the front door would be locked at night but the south end door would be unlocked. Upon returning on Fri night, all doors were locked. This was a bad experience & I will never again book reservations with an Econo Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dlyates99
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I sincerely regret that we failed you in several ways during this stay. Your comments were used as part of a recent improvement process, and we’re now satisfying guests better than ever before. I apologize that we let you down with bad customer service and rooms that needed attention, but these issues have now been resolved.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This hotel shows its age in the carpets and walls. It just has a dismal feeling. My room was clean and the price was right (around $40). There were weird people yelling and banging on the doors in the hallway and that was quite disturbing. If you are okay with a seedy motel type experience and just need a place to rest your head, this is an acceptable place to stay. It's just not preferred. The location is convenient, right off I-35.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry for any ways we let you down. Since your stay, we’ve made many changes to the hotel and have a new attitude, all designed to make staying here better than ever before. If you have a chance, I hope you will visit again and see how we’ve changed for the better.

Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed here overnight when I got in to DFW too late to go to my eventual destination. The people, all four guys, at the front desk were very nice, though seemed to balk when I requested an upper floor room. My room was fine, but it was during the height of the heat wave, the AC was not on, and it was probably 90 degrees in the room when I opened the door. The hallways weren't, or didn't seem to be, air conditioned. I turned the AC on full blast but the room never did get very cool.

The rooms seemed somewhat well-designed for a budget motel. Nice looking, ample outlets, clean bathrooms. The public areas are a little less nice. Hallways and dining lounge were somewhat dirty and there was basically nothing left in the breakfast lounge by the time I got downstairs at 8:30 am. No in-room coffee maker. Shower was fine but water never got very cool. Wifi worked well and since I mostly needed to check email, sleep and hit the road, it served my purposes just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jessamyn
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Since your stay, we’ve improved our air conditioners and made many other changes designed to make the hotel experience here better than ever before. I hope you will soon try us again. You’ll find an even better experience designed to meet all guests’ needs and satisfy a wide variety of guests.