“Worst Hotel EVER!”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
New Berlin
“Worst Hotel EVER!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was filthy, guests were extremely noisy ALL night long. Curtains broken, walls scribbled on, Air Conditioner grill broken off and air conditioner was all full of mildew. Bathroom disgusting.Shower curtain rod was half hanging down. Management made no attempt to control the loud yelling and slamming doors all night long. We would have left immediately if it wasn't a prepaid stay. We could not get our money back. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to the Baymont down the street. We stayed there last year and it was nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Econotx, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. The goal of our hotel is to offer a clean and comfortable stay at a budget price and we our sorry that we failed you. We will use your feedback to be better.

Econo Lodge Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Upon check-in: the toilet seat was missing; several missing light bulbs; a bolt was used to attach tub faucet handle; cable was removed from TV(no TV channels); smoke detector was removed/missing from ceiling; a bobby pin was used to keep curtains closed(missing curtain pin hangers); and the worst discovery of all - BEDBUGS! I slept with the light on.
The "free breakfast" in the morning consisted of 2 pieces of toast and a weak cup of coffee. No fruit/juice/cereal/eggs/milk. There was a waffle maker, with an empty batter container. 2 of the 4-slice toaster slots did not work. The hotel staff delivered 3 frozen packaged sausage biscuits as we milled about for our toast and coffee.
I won't be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PejgA
Econotx, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the issues you encountered with the condition of your room. No your room should not have been sold in that condition. I will personally take up the issue you the housekeeping staff and again sincere apology for the problems you encountered during your stay.

Crystal Beach, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was the most disgusting room I had ever booked! Most of the Econo Lodges I have stayed in are old and worn, but I had never seen one that was filthy. The towels had stains on them, the bathroom was dirty which included standing dirt on the floor and the room stunk horribly of cigarette smoke. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread and the window curtain was stained with the hem hanging down. The final straw was a blood stain on the sheet-like it hadn't even been changed. The refrigerator didn't work and there was no ice in the single machine in the building. I couldn't take it-I left. This is a Choice Hotel - there was nothing "choice" about it. I have notified the Choice people and they were horrified. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank txtootsie
Econotx, Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Customer,

On behalf of the staff, we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. The goal of our hotel is to offer a clean, comfortable room at a budget price and we clearly didn't accomplish our goal. Please feel free to let the front desk manager know about these issues immediately, so that we may be able to correct the problems.

Thank you for your feedback and our sincerest apology for the problems you encountered,

Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Second time we have stayed here. Great staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean.
It's a little old...but hey for the price you can't beat it. A bonus to is there's a
Cracker Barrel right in front of it! We will be back again in November.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2012

There is no better stay than here,they are great!! The rooms are clean and they are super nice everytime I fly in!! It is quiet and no hassels with the parking, I forgot my key twice and with no questions asked they replaced it!! Coming from out of state is hard enough and they make things so much easier!!!Close to freeway,restuarants,Grapevine Mall and much more!! I recommend them!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Lizzie562
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is disgusting. When we arrived, some lady was being handcuffed and hauled out by the police. The front desk person looked like he had just got out of bed. The waffle batter at breakfast was so watered down it was terrible.They had bread and corndogs if you didn't want waffles. I didn't realize how bad the waffles were until we stayed at an another hotel and the breakfast was awesome. Same price for the room. When we checked out, I rang the service bell for about 10 minutes. Nobody came.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
econolodgelewisville, Webmaster at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments from some time ago. I apologize that we did not immediately respond and that we let you down in many ways. We have since made many changes at the hotel that make for the best possible guest experience. When you can, I hope you will visit again. Comments like yours have been important to us as we’ve changed and improved.

Hotel Manager
Cherry Valley, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms, 2 nights at the Lewisville, TX facility, 6/15-6/16.. I was quoted an online senior rate of $81.34, yet was charged $90.38. These were the worst motel rooms we've ever stayed in. First room given was so badly damaged, with the a/c front hanging off, and large cuts in the desk and headboard. We asked to be moved. I am disabled but told the only other room available was upstairs. Upon returning the second day, the room had not been cleaned & the clerk said that the cleaning person didn’t shown up for work until after 1:30pm, yet it was 8:30pm before arrival back to my room. The clerk was not helpful and was never at the front desk. We had to ring the bell continually to get his attention. We were told that the front door would be locked at night but the south end door would be unlocked. Upon returning on Fri night, all doors were locked. This was a bad experience & I will never again book reservations with an Econo Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dlyates99
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I sincerely regret that we failed you in several ways during this stay. Your comments were used as part of a recent improvement process, and we’re now satisfying guests better than ever before. I apologize that we let you down with bad customer service and rooms that needed attention, but these issues have now been resolved.

Hotel Manager