“Overcgarged our CC w/o Authorization.”

Main Event Entertainment
Ranked #7 of 15 Fun & Games in Lewisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Main Event Entertainment - Lewisville is a top entertainment destination for people ready to play, featuring attractions such as state of-the-art bowling, a multi-level laser tag arena, billiards, a games gallery with more than 100 virtual and interactive games. Gravity ropes, rock climbing, mini golf, bocce ball and karaoke are also available at select locations. Main Event redefines the bowling experience with state-of-the-art lanes and lounge areas where players can eat and relax. Each center hosts FUNleagues, a non-competitive eight-week bowling leagues during the spring, fall and winter. In addition to bowling, Main Event offers specials including Monday Night Madness, Buy More Get More FUNcard offers and Summer FUNcamps for kids ages 8-15 with laser tag battles, bowling fundamentals and more. Main Event offers dining options for all tastes including chef-inspired casual dining featuring American classics, a pizza café and a full bar. Main Event offers full-service catering and private rooms, equipped with the latest A/V technology, making it the ideal venue for special events such as birthday parties, social gatherings and corporate meetings. Centers also have free Wi-Fi for guests.
jeffnewman28208
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Overcgarged our CC w/o Authorization.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Fact:

Birthday party for 8 year old son with 10 classmates. Billed for 15. Discrepancy pointed out to Jessica before party. Also, pointed out to hostess and receptionist before and during party. Told to speak with someone from sales office Monday. Sales office response to inquiry.

"I have charged the remaining unpaid balance to the credit card we had on file.
Traci Munsey
Sales Manager''

(Hell Traci, why just fraudulently overcharge us $185, why not $1,000 or $2,000.)

Despite fact that 10 kids were at party because Main Event didn't update their records, they fraudulently charged extra w/o authorization. Traci, despite what you state. Each boy received a single fun card (10), not 15. Don't blame me if you bring 15 pizza servings out when we ordered 10 and the hostess then discards the untouched extras away without questioning us. She was told upfront 10.

Never faced such an attitude from Dave and Buster's, Chucky Cheese or Laser Tag. Overall, experience was poor. Hostess nice but like speaking to a brick wall trying to correct an obvious error they made. Rather than fix it, they are going to make you jump through hoops with your CC company.

PS - Traci, you might want to think about actually trying to figure out what happened and correct it rather than willfully overcharge your customer because its a competitive world. One of the kids in our party goes to your location weekly. You don't reflect very well for future business when you don't question things.

Also Traci, I do see I authorized you to charge my credit card for the initial deposit. How is it that you saved my credit card and used it today to charge me another $185 w/o my authorization. That's called stealing where I come from and Citibank said the same thing. Why are you stealing $185 from me? Traci and main Street???

Visited December 2013
4 Thank jeffnewman28208

Lancaster, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Only for beginning bowlers”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Main Event bowling lanes are terrible. They balls don't return properly. The rack was wrong 3 times during a single game. And I did not notice until my next league night, but the Main Event return equipment damaged my ball. It had 2 small chunks out of it. If you are not a good bowler, and you use house balls, I doubt this matters. If you have your own ball, or you are a decent bowler and want a decent game, choose another location.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tim S
Lancaster, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lots of different things”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My company selected this entertainment venue for company-wide Christmas parties the last few years and it was a great place for the event. There was much to do such as bowling, billiards and video games, and it was large enough to accommodate several hundred people. I would recommend it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gary M
Dallas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good place to take the kids”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoy bowling and pool there. The kids really enjoy the laser tag and me too if I'm in the right mood. The games are good and the costs are not ridiculous.

Visited November 2013
Lewisville, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Laser Tag, Bowling, and Birthdays”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Good for kid parties that start out with bowling and then it's back to a b rithday room for the usual deal. Nothing outstanding on the plus or minus side. They do have la$er tag available, and while not too cheap, the older 9-13 year old kids really loved it, but the sessions are too quick.

Visited February 2013