“The Space We Needed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Forest Lake, MN
“The Space We Needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Just off the frontage road of 35, the Hilton Garden Inn is conveniently located, easily accessed (minus some road construction), and extremely nice! It appeared to be brand new, or very newly remodeled...clean, modern, stylish, comfortable. We drove down from MN to visit family, and used the HGI basically for sleeping and showering. Though we didn't use it, the outdoor pool looked like a nice place to cool off in the TX heat/humidity. In fact, we saw a pair of mallards in there every morning. The fitness center was on the smaller side, but no one was ever in there when I was, so I had no problem using the equipment I wanted. A business center and restaurant take up much of the lobby area; they looked nice, but again, we never took advantage of them. I wish the HGI was like the Hampton and they offered a complimentary continental breakfast. Overall, the Hilton Garden Inn served our purpose, and we'll probably stay there the next time we're in Lewisville.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers your feedback related to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville!

I am please to announce the small road construction project in front of the hotel is just about complete!

Our large outdoor pool is very welcoming to our guests and their families, I am sorry you did not have time to enjoy the pool or the Hot Tub on this recent visit, but as you mentioned we do have a great family of Mallard Ducks who occassionally visit us from teh beautiful canal behind our hotel, and they love to strut and interact with our guests on occassion!

We look forward to your return and wish you safe travels in all your future trips!

James Montgomery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This place was nice, typical of most HGI hotels. Friendly staff, comfortable beds. Internet just upgraded at this hotel, and seemed to be very fast. It was also in a good location near a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Eric P,

Thank you for taking teh time to leave feedback about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville.

We value your business and thank you for allowing us to serve you.

We strive to have "Happy, Friendly, Smiling" team members to serve you during your stay and thank you for recognizing their efforts!

As you mentioned in the review, we recently in May 2012 upgraded our entire High Speed Internet System and we believe this upgrade will allow our guests to easily connect and use the internet for business work and play!

We can't wait for your return and wish you safe travels in all your future trips!

Best wishes,

Los Altos Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. The hotel and staff we all excellent. Buffet Breakfast is very reasonably priced and the food quality is good and includes Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville. We know you have many choices when traveling and we thank you for choosing us!

Our Executive Chef will be pleased to hear you enjoyed his food during your stay, he does take great pride in presenting tasty offering for our guests, and I will be sure to share these comments with him.

Our hotel also has a Convention Center that can accomodate groups and meetings from 10-800 people and our Executive Chef produces incredible cuisine for these guests as well!

Please let me know if you return so I can personally welcome you back!

Safe travels always,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a nice, new Hilton Garden Inn with a convenient location. The rooms are great and bathrooms have granite and are very nice. The buffet breakfast rocks! I would definitely stay here again -- great for business and leisure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville and for your feedback.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our Breakfast Buffet to your liking. Our Executive Chef takes great pride in freshly baking the morning pastries and breads, and having every possible breakfast dish you may desire!

We loved having you here wih us and hope if you return to our area, that you will consider the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville your "Home away from Home".
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I made the mistake by leaving my camera in my room when I checked out. There is no doubt in my mind that I left it in there but when I got back to my home, I called the hotel and asked if anyone turned it in. Now, would anyone actually expect honesty anymore? So, the front desk transferred to Housekeeping voice mail (like they're really going to return my call). Of course they didn't return my call and so I called the front desk 45 minutes later and big surprise, they did not have my camera. So, if you're going to be staying here, make sure you don't leave any belongings in your room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TOOCHDenver_Colorado
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am so sorry to hear that you lost an item during your stay.

We have attempted to communicate with you on this matter via email.

We have conducted a thorough investigation related to your lost camera and have inspected your guest room, interviewed our team and reviewed all possible areas where the camera may have been left behind when you left the hotel.

Unfortunately after a complete review your lost item was not found within the hotel.

This is very unusaual for our hotel and we take this very serious. We have hundreds of items left behind by our valued guests each month and we do everything within our power to return these items to their owner, and have successfully returned hundreds of items during our 5 years of operation and we take pride in this effort.

We take the safety and security of our guests and their belongings very serious and we know in today's world there is always a potential for loss, which is why we encourage all guests to secure their valuables when traveling anywhere in the hotel provided safety deposit boxes.

We also encourage each guest to thoroughly inspect their room before departing to ensure that very personal item has been retrieved and taken with them.

I do appreciate how upsetting it can be to lose a valuable or sentimental item when traveling.

I am sorry you experienced this loss when traveling and if there was anything I could change rest assured I would.

I do wish you safe future travels.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Food is very expensive and not so great, but the hotel was nice. Very clean, nice rooms and great workout facility.

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the pool was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HGIDallasGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas Lewisville, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and found our guestrooms to be very clean as our housekeeping team takes great pride in providing an outstanding experience for our traveling guests.

I also see that you enjoyed our Fitness Center, we do take pride in offering our Fitness by PreCor workout machines that allow for enjoyment of personal TV viewing or iPod selections while working out!

I would like to provide you with an option for breakfast that includes the price of our "Cooked to Order" Unlimited Buffet Breakfast, which allows our guests to order anything they may like from our Breakfast Chef and have it made to order. The option is to book a Bed & Breakfast package from our web site or by phone which includes breakfast for up to 4 guests in the daily room rate.

I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again. We do appreciate your business and wishyou safe treavels!

Lindale, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Having stayed a the Hilton Garden Inn Lewisville several times we can say they consistently offer pleasant and efficient service. The front desk staff has proven to be helpful beyond the call of duty assisting with questions that were outside of their "job description." This hotel is next to a mall with several restaurants nearby, a grocery store just down the road, and a Costco Warehouse Club a stone's throw away. HGI Lewisville is 10-15 minute drive to DFW, a convenience for those that travel frequently but do not want to stay immediately around the airport.

HGI offers a hot breakfast with an omelet station, waffles, oatmeal, and eggs-cooked to order. Typically there is a nice array also of fresh fruits, pastries for those with a sweet tooth, along with coffee and tea.

HGI Lewisville is a well maintained and managed property.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if there are any teams traveling with leagues as several times a year we have noted g...
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and found our Guest Service team to be warm and welcoming and willing to assist! Our Team Members love serving our guests and take great pride in making you feel like you are at home!