“Outstanding!”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Friends, family, citizens...This LQ is one of the best kept secrets of the LQ chain. Its a little older, but my room was VERY clean, the staff is OUTSTANDING, it is close to some EXCELLENT restaurants & clubs (Joe's Crab Shack, one of our favorites, is a ten minute drive) & they have TRUCK PARKING (very important since I was meeting my long haul driver husband for the weekend)! When I got there, my room (King size ADA) had already had the air conditioner set at 77 degrees, so it was nice & cool. The hotel sits between I-35 & a side street that is populated with condos & apartments, which we thought were well maintained. Our room was on the side of I-35, only 50 yards from there, but we never heard the sounds of the traffic unless we were outside walking the dogs, which, by the way, there is ample space for. Breakfast was the usual (waffles, yogurt, eggs, fruit, cereal), the lobby & breakfast area are clean & well maintained, as are the grounds overall. We stayed here 5/25-26/13, at the same time as about 150-200 kids, who were there for a sports event. Again, never heard them unless we were out walking the dogs. I had asked for 2-3 extra bath towels, 2-3 extra hand towels & an extra blanket, all at different times. These items were brought to our room by one of two of the most pleasant clerks I have ever met. They were always smiling, very helpful. If you ever get to Lewisville,TX, stay here & ENJOY! I know we will!!

Room Tip: This place does not have a fitness center nor a restaurant. The restaurant rating is for Joe's...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lizzylory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Arrived early to check in and grab a bite to eat, should have checked the room. It was very hot inside but within an hour it cooled down to a nice temp.

Overall experience was typical of budget minded hotel stays.

Close to eateries and easy on and off freeway

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I'll second what the other reviewer said about the area being kind of sketchy. The people staying there were also kind of sketchy.

I was staying there because they allow dogs, but the room was dirty, the door leaked tons of sunlight, and there were ants in the bathroom. The carpet felt like someone poured coke all over it, and the room was a non smoker room that smelled like an ashtray.

When I asked about wifi, they said it worked but I couldnt get it to work unless I went to the lobby. I pointed it out and they just shrugged.

At 1:30 in the morning, someone called my cell phone from the front desk saying that I had a reservation, and asked if I was still planning on coming in. I advised them that I was already in one of their rooms.

Never again. This place was not a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Spend 20 bucks more and get a decent hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank redassag00
Fort Collins
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I booked a night based on location and pictures that advertised. What appeared too me as newley remodeled rooms.
The staff and manager were very friendly and accomodating. After checking in I went to my room. Opened the door and was hit in the face with a terrible odor. Looking around I noticed the blue carpet coming completly up from the floor. Walking into the bathroom I saw a number of dead bugs on the floor. I am thinking this isn`t going to work. I tried to call up to front desk to complain about my room. However the phone didnt work. I walked up to the office to complain and ask for another room. The woman at the front desk was very nice and apologetic. The second room was a little better. Still had odor and dead bugs in bathroom. Another problem was internet. It was off the first hour after I arrived. Then was off from 9 pm until 10 the next morning. I called front desk and was told that the router for my internet was unplugged and was located in another guest room. And that it was too late to disturb them. I am self employeed and needed that internet connection to work.I was very upset. To have routers for internet in other guests rooms is ridiclouse. I called the rewards hotline and they emailed the manger. I was given a refund and some rewards points.

• Stayed June 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Couldnt ask for better service.Ourair went out and they gave us another room right away. they are dog friendly an we always travel with our. Not fancy but nice an clean an great people work there. Will allways stay there when we go to lewisville

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Great location to eateries and mall and dollar theatre. The air conditioner worked very well and the beds were comfy. Breakfast was good with all day orange and apple juices. Friend ly staff. No traffic noise being off the highway and a What-A-Burger in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family