“Excellent - one of the best LQ's in a long time!”

Dallas Lewisville Inn
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Lewisville
Houston, Texas
“Excellent - one of the best LQ's in a long time!”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Ok, I used to be a devoted LQ fan and had accumulated massive points with them but was really turned off of them when they decided to make all of my points disappear if I didn't stay there for 3 months. I swore that I'd never go back there and stuck to my vow for almost 5 years. Went to a LQ in San Antonio this year and it was yucky, but this one in Lewisville certainly wasn't! Super service - wish I had gotten the clerk's name but she had spunk and a sense of humor. Including when we had a noisy neighbor at nighttime. Called her up to complain and wow, she got right thru the language barrier and told them to button up! Awesome! Anyway, our only complaint was the lack luster breakfast. Frozen waffles? Come on LQ -- we expect a little better than that! Look forward to staying here again.

• Liked — The front desk clerk with spunk!
  • Disliked — Frozen waffles and a really boring breakfast!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 17 December 2007

Wow. If I recall this was rated as a two star hotel on travelocity and expedia. This was by far the nicest two star hotel I've ever stayed in. It deserves four stars in my opinion. I guess everthing is bigger in Texas. Our room was clean, nicely appointed and included a recliner to lounge about it. The bathroom was spacious and had three mirrors all at angles to each other so my lovely gal could do her hair with great ease. Room was quiet and although we were near the highway we couldn't hear it.

I'll be staying at this La Quinta again.
Great value for the money.

• Liked — Clean, Quiet, and in a safe neighborhood.
  • Disliked — Nothing really. It was all around postive. No gripes.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I booked the La Quinta Lewisville on a Thursday night at a AAA rate of only $53. The hotel itself is one of the older La Quintas and hasn't been remodeled in awhile. The beds and room furnishings were typical of La Quinta - the bed was comfortable, the room had an iron/
ironing board, the bathroom was fully stocked. Standard continental breakfast was available with waffles, toast, danish, cereal, juice, coffee.

This is one of the properties where the doors face out to the parking lot. However, I found the parking lot to be sufficiently lit. Lewisville is not a bad area and I felt like the property was as secure as any others in the area. The hotel is located right along the
freeway. There was a lot of freeway noise and I found earplugs to be necessary.

Overall, there's nothing really "above average" about this place. However, I thought it was decent for a one night stay especially for the price. I'd probably stay here again or recommend it just for a short 1 or 2 night stay.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — A bit run down
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2004

Our room at this facility was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Registration staff is professional and courteous. We will, without a doubt, stay at this property again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2003

Stayed at this hotel when I tranferred from California before my house settled. My truck was stolen from the parking lot. Never got it back.