“Supple Brisket”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Supple Brisket”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the second time I have visited Snow's and was excited to hammer their brisket. Their brisket is what they are really known for so don't expect the best ribs when going there. Be sure to order the moist brisket when you go get it, that lean part is meant for chop beef sandwiches. You are only cheating your self eating the lean parts of a brisket. It was so tender it really would fall apart as you picked it up. We also ordered the sausage and ribs which were both alright. The ribs were really fatty, really too fatty, but the meat did pull off the bone with ease. Knowing from our previous trip we knew not to order any sides, they are just alright. It's a great place to stop at if you're in the area and taste the supple brisket. They offer a spicy sauce which only has a small amount of heat that only lasts for a few seconds. There is plenty of outdoor seating and some minimal indoor seating.

• Visited April 2014

st pete florida
“Bbq for Breakfast”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Visiting antique dealer buddies in Warrenton Texas, a neighbor dealer
invited me on his Saturday morning pilgrimage to Snow's, a short 35 mile drive away. We started at 7:30 am and I was surprised to find a pretty full restaurant and a couple of people in line. We stopped outside to see the pits and cooking staff. They were happy to show us the active pits and I was amazed at the area where they could cook enough to feed a small army. Only open on Saturdays till the Q runs out, I wondered if they ever could run out using all their massive cookers.
My host ordered chicken, ribs and brisket. We picked up our pickles, white bread and beans which were setting near the steam tables holding the Q.
The Q was lightly smokey in flavor, not enough for my tastes. The brisket was moist tender and the best of the 3 items.
It did have an annoying amount of fat on it that required cutting away. But texture taste and flavor were great.
The chicken was okay, but again to my tastes not enough smoke. A touch underdone but not unreasonably so.
The ribs were fair. Not well rendered but tough chewy and "crusty". But not a good crust but one from to high a heat during cooking. Again smoke flavor was way to mild for my tastes. I had purchased enough for leftovers but instead I picked the meat off and used it when I made beans . They never would have traveled well.
The beans were mushy and nothing to get excited about. I learned that's how Texas folk like them. I'll pass on them.
Voted number one by Texas Trend magazine I expected a truly outstanding BBQ experience. Been there done that and unlikely to return . Maybe it was just a bad day for the rib cooker. For the brisket I would say it's okay but this morning Snow's didn't live up to its coveted best in Texas claim in my book.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Atmosphere and BBQ”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I have been on a BBQ kick lately. We are trying to visit all 50 ranked as the top BBQ joints in Texas by Texas Monthly before the updated list is released in 2018. Snow's lives up to its reputation. The brisket and pork shoulder were out of this world! The potato salad was more of a German potato salad and was tasty too (so were the free beans). It was definitely worth the drive to Lexington at 8 am and the food coma that resulted for me in the afternoon. The jalapeño sausage was good too - I'd probably skip it next time and order more brisket! I also like the indoor/outdoor atmosphere of Snow's. This is what a small-town, legit BBQ place should feel like. Everyone who worked there could not have been friendlier to us!

• Visited April 2014
Indiana
“Amazing BBQ”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This out of the way BBQ place is in the top 3 of all the 100's of BBQ places I have eaten at all over the country. Perfect brisket, delicious sausage and jalepeno sausage, and ribs that are to die for !!!! These guys are masters of the craft. We made a 2 hour drive just to get here before 8:00 AM, and I would go twice that far if I had to!!

• Visited October 2013
Bellville, Texas
“Best BBQ this side of Austin”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have eaten there several times and my favorite is the sausage. My family loves the brisket. Get there early as they will be sold out by noon and when its gone - its gone. Most people bring coolers and buy in bulk to take home. Not a great eat in type of place but you can certainly eat there if you want. Be ready to stand in line!

• Visited March 2014