“Best Place to Stay in Livingston”

Hampton Inn Livingston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Livingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I am a huge fan of the Hampton brand. As a business traveler who is frequently on the road, it's often the little things that matter. Livingston was one of the closest towns to where I needed to go & even though it was still 30 minutes away from where I was going for work, everything about this Hampton was done right. When I checked in they had my HH number in the system and the staff was super friendly. I was so grateful to have a quiet room - I love not hearing the dull roar of traffic in the background when I'm sleeping! Everyone was consistently engaged & helpful. When you go, ask for Melanie in the breakfast bar. Super sweet & gave me some great ideas that totally made my day. Great experience at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jennkaye
Jose P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear jennkaye,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us such an amazing review. We are thankful we were able to meet/exceed your expectations on your visit to the Hampton here in Livingston. Melanie is such a wonderful employee/asset to our company. We do appreciate the way she interacts with our guests and make them feel at home. Thank you for being a loyal return customer and hopefully we will see you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff was wonderful. We really enjoy Hampton Inns because of the welcoming feeling and this short stay lived up to our expectations. The two ladies at the desk for checking were very friendly, funny and truly represent that small Texas town hospitality that we miss. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Scott W,

We thank you firstly for being a valued repeat customer of the Hilton/Hampton Brand. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I am sure that the two girls working the front desk were more than thrilled to be able to help you find places of interest, restaurants, etc... We were more than happy to demonstrate our Hamptonality and show you the Texas Hospitality that we are known for down here in the South. Hopefully we will see you on your next stay here in Livingston.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I travel for work about 100 days a year. Checking in was smooth. The lady at the front desk was great! She gave me room 119 (a suite). When I walked in the room the smell knocked me down. The only smell I could think of was Mold. The nice lady at the front desk changed my room gladly. Not a standard Hilton Brand Hotel.Beware of room 119. I will not stay here again...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CLCtravel

Dear CLCtravel,

I am deeply apologetic for the experience that you may have had on you stay with us. I can assure you that the issue in that room no longer exists and at the time of your stay with us it was an overlook on our part. We truly do appreciate your business and hope that on one of your next trips through Livingston you might give us a chance to show our Hamptonality.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

room very dirty, was never cleaned we found food stains on bed, floor was never vacuumed, we were gave a second room it had dirty socks left in it and then found a tooth pick in the bed, makes me wander if they even changed the sheets

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin M
Kristen K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I would like to take a moment to say thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Livingston, and thank you for this survey. I do apologize if you suffered any inconvenience while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and business. We appreciate when our guests give us comments and let us know of our shortcomings. Without guests such as yourself we would not know what issues need attention, and we can alert our staff and make sure that our hotel is functioning effectively. The staff at Hampton Inn Livingston, are doing our best to exceed every expectation, and sincerley apologize that we have not for you. We take pride in providing a great experience to our guest, from clean rooms, to our hot breakfast. We strive to express our Hamptonality to each and every guest. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The first visit to this hotel, I was sold. Totally impressed with this small oasis in the middle of Livingston. I vowed that this would be my residence when in the Livingston area from then on. This time was so disappointing. The double rate went up $10, the single room was unbelievably smaller than the double, the odor of the room was foul, the air conditioner took about 15-20mins to start actually cooling the room, and our room had only been stocked with one hand towel. I was not angry, just incredibly annoyed and irritated and considering that I was actually anticipating returning to the hotel, very disappointed. Whereas I would not even consider another property before, I will definitely consider others next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to take a moment to say thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Livingston, and thank you for this survey. I do apologize if you suffered any inconvenience while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and business. We appreciate when our guests give us comments and let us know of our shortcomings. Without guests such as yourself we would not know what issues need attention, and we can alert our staff and make sure that our hotel is functioning effectively. The staff at Hampton Inn Livingston, are doing our best to exceed every expectation, and we sincerley apologize for not having done so for you. We take pride in providing a great experience to our guest, from clean rooms, to our hot breakfast. We strive to express our Hamptonality to each and every guest. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My hotel room was smaller than most typical Hampton Inn hotel rooms. I didn't mind this at all since I was in for only one night and off to my business travels the next day. I thought it was just perfect actually.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jose P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Ernest S,

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time and consideration to review us on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and are very glad you chose us for your accommodation needs. We work hard to try and make sure everything is to your liking including our full hot breakfast in the mornings. We also make sure that your business stay in our hotel is providing you with our free high speed wifi connection, business center and meeting room. We strive to make your stay very enjoyable at the Hampton Inn Livingston and make you feel like family. Hopefully you enjoyed our staff's hospitality while you stayed with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip and share the Hamptonality we are known for.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a bit older and shows some wear. The rooms are very clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Mexican restaurant next door is good or BBQ 2 doors down. But I would suggest getting your Cajun on and setting at Shrimpboat Manny's.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jose P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear ARWander,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time to give us a great review. We appreciate all comments and concerns that we receive so that we may improve for our guests. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the hospitality that our staff showed towards you. We are known for our 'Hamptonality' and are glad we could show you some of the restaurants and places to visit during your stay. We hope to see you again soon and look forward to meeting all of your needs on your next visit.