“SUBLIME!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Skip the sides and go for the BEEF!! The brisket and the beef rib(s) were absolute perfection. The meat was so good, we didn't want to eat anything else for fear that we'd lose the taste of the smokey beefiness lingering in our mouths. Whether you are in Houston, Austin or San Antonio, make your way to Lockhart, TX for a taste of Black's: the best beef in TX.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was the first stop of our 2 bbq stops.The service was great, helpful and friendly. Although the price was a little steep it was worth it. The brisket was moist and juicy, the spare ribs were full of flavour and tasty and the turkey was delicious. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visiting San Antonio and met high school alumni at Black's BBQ in Lockhart, Texas for lunch on Sunday. Got there early enough so no line. You go down a cafeteria style counter for your sides first. I tried the cole slaw, Mac and cheese, pinto beans and Jalepeno corn muffin. I don't think anything was home made except the pinto beans. One friend had the green beans. She said it tasted like it was out of a can. Then you move down to the BBQ area and they cut and weigh each selection and put it on a piece of butcher paper on a serving tray. The four of us tried almost all their BBQ selections. The beef rib was a whooping 1 1/2 pound, fall of the bone, very tender rib. Baby back ribs were equally good. Smoked turkey was very tasty but a little dry. Loved the lean brisket, fatty brisket was a little too fatty for me. Finished with their home made smoked sausage that had wonderful flavor. The BBQ sauce was tangy and delicious on the turkey and brisket. We had more than enough to bring home for leftovers. Would go again. Family run restaurant since 1932! Open seating at long tables. Good value.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had some lean and moist brisket ,beef rib and sausage . to me the best was the beef rib followed by the moist brisket . The sausage was just OK . The sides were Ok as well nothing special beans were the best .

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I loved the hands on feel of this place. The Cafeteria style sides and the counter of meat. I thought the Brisket was exceptional. The sausage was a little greasy for my taste, The Sauce was great. I REALLY liked the beans! they had a fantastic smokey flavor that was to die for. This place gets busy and i was amazed at the lines at 11:00 AM. The ribs were average and I feel I get better in Chicago where I live. When I go to Texas I really judge the BBQ by the brisket. NOBODY in Chicago does it better than Lockhart, and The best seems to be at Black's. So, in summary, Keep to the Brisket and Beans and you be just fine partner!