“Damn!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Texas
“Damn!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Tried Em all and this still my fav. This time had the big rib which was very tasty. This time the service was better than all the rest.

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“Black’s Barbecue Review”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The best barbecue I’ve ever had in my entire life? If you had asked me that question three days ago I would have said - Who cares about barbecue? Not me!

Ask me now. I dare you. Okay you don’t have to ask me now. Black’s Barbecue, at this moment in time, is my favorite. I can’t promise anything for the future as this could very well change seeing as we’re eating a ton of barbecue while in Austin.

When we arrived the line wasn’t overwhelmingly long but it wasn’t short by any means, almost reaching one block. By the time we were at the door the line had almost doubled. We waited about 45 minutes to get in the door and another 15 to reach the counter, and boy were we ever happy we waited on that line!

The wait inside is great. We took in the amazing smells of Texas barbecue and got our first glimpse of the sides. There were many sides to be had, each costing about $1.50-$2.00. So nothing that would break the bank.

We ordered up half a pound of the brisket and half a pound of the ribs, paid the nice cashier lady and took our seat. The rest of the meal was a blur of deliciously tangy and slightly spicy barbecue sauce, perfectly smoked brisket and pretty decent ribs. The mac n’ cheese and mashed potatoes also stood on its own and clearly didn’t come from store bought bags, which I really appreciate when being served sides at a restaurant.

If you’re ever in Lockhart, Texas and looking for some amazing barbecue to sink your teeth into, this is the place to do it hands down.

For a more detailed review and mouth watering pictures check our blog at http://goodbadandmuddy.com/places/united-states/austin/blacks-barbecue-review/

• Visited July 2014
Doha, Qatar
“SUBLIME!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Skip the sides and go for the BEEF!! The brisket and the beef rib(s) were absolute perfection. The meat was so good, we didn't want to eat anything else for fear that we'd lose the taste of the smokey beefiness lingering in our mouths. Whether you are in Houston, Austin or San Antonio, make your way to Lockhart, TX for a taste of Black's: the best beef in TX.

• Visited July 2014
New Zealand
“The best bbq in town”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was the first stop of our 2 bbq stops.The service was great, helpful and friendly. Although the price was a little steep it was worth it. The brisket was moist and juicy, the spare ribs were full of flavour and tasty and the turkey was delicious. Well worth the trip.

Chester, Virginia
“Good Texas BBQ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visiting San Antonio and met high school alumni at Black's BBQ in Lockhart, Texas for lunch on Sunday. Got there early enough so no line. You go down a cafeteria style counter for your sides first. I tried the cole slaw, Mac and cheese, pinto beans and Jalepeno corn muffin. I don't think anything was home made except the pinto beans. One friend had the green beans. She said it tasted like it was out of a can. Then you move down to the BBQ area and they cut and weigh each selection and put it on a piece of butcher paper on a serving tray. The four of us tried almost all their BBQ selections. The beef rib was a whooping 1 1/2 pound, fall of the bone, very tender rib. Baby back ribs were equally good. Smoked turkey was very tasty but a little dry. Loved the lean brisket, fatty brisket was a little too fatty for me. Finished with their home made smoked sausage that had wonderful flavor. The BBQ sauce was tangy and delicious on the turkey and brisket. We had more than enough to bring home for leftovers. Would go again. Family run restaurant since 1932! Open seating at long tables. Good value.