“Great Barbecue in Lockhart. With forks, knives and sauce and open on Sunday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black's Barbecue

Black's Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Lockhart
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Barbecue in Lockhart. With forks, knives and sauce and open on Sunday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

mobile review
Blacks serves great barbecue. Unlike Kruetz and Smitty's, Black's has forks and great barbecue sauce. Also, they are open on Sunday. They line up the guests in a cafeteria service line. NOTE: If you want your order to go, you can walk past the cafeteria line to the front and place your "to go" order at a special cashier station. The staff is super friendly too. As a competition barbecue pit master , I could offer an opinion outlining the differences between the various barbecue joints in town (Kreutz, Smitty's, Chisholm and Black's), however; due to inbreeding and cross-hiring of pit maters and staff in this town, the recipes, food quality, service, pricing...all kind of runs together. You can't go wrong eating barbecue in this town. It is truly the world's gold standard for barbecue. It's all great barbecue. Can't go wrong with Black's! Enjoy!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank BLOODYMARY4MEPLEASE

• Polish first
SAINT MARYS
“Ranked #1 for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stood in line for about 25 minutes on a Sunday afternoon and was it more than worth it. Had to have the brisket but also tried the beef ribs and boy am I glad. The brisket was the best I've ever had (so good I intend to have it shipped to Georgia for an upcoming party) but the beef ribs were out of this world. The perfected smoking technique that keeps the meat so moist coupled with the flavor of cooking on the bone makes this a don't miss in my opinion. The sausage was also excellent. The next time I get back to Austin, I intend to carve out enough time for another trip to Black's.

• Visited July 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

What else can I say...Great BBQ! They also offered their sauce and spices for sale. They had a patio area as well which is always nice.

Visited July 2014
Texas
“Damn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Tried Em all and this still my fav. This time had the big rib which was very tasty. This time the service was better than all the rest.

• Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Black’s Barbecue Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The best barbecue I’ve ever had in my entire life? If you had asked me that question three days ago I would have said - Who cares about barbecue? Not me!

Ask me now. I dare you. Okay you don’t have to ask me now. Black’s Barbecue, at this moment in time, is my favorite. I can’t promise anything for the future as this could very well change seeing as we’re eating a ton of barbecue while in Austin.

When we arrived the line wasn’t overwhelmingly long but it wasn’t short by any means, almost reaching one block. By the time we were at the door the line had almost doubled. We waited about 45 minutes to get in the door and another 15 to reach the counter, and boy were we ever happy we waited on that line!

The wait inside is great. We took in the amazing smells of Texas barbecue and got our first glimpse of the sides. There were many sides to be had, each costing about $1.50-$2.00. So nothing that would break the bank.

We ordered up half a pound of the brisket and half a pound of the ribs, paid the nice cashier lady and took our seat. The rest of the meal was a blur of deliciously tangy and slightly spicy barbecue sauce, perfectly smoked brisket and pretty decent ribs. The mac n’ cheese and mashed potatoes also stood on its own and clearly didn’t come from store bought bags, which I really appreciate when being served sides at a restaurant.

If you’re ever in Lockhart, Texas and looking for some amazing barbecue to sink your teeth into, this is the place to do it hands down.

For a more detailed review and mouth watering pictures check our blog at http://goodbadandmuddy.com/places/united-states/austin/blacks-barbecue-review/

• Visited July 2014