“Such great service”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Longview, United States
“Such great service”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Not only was the hotel clean, quiet and comfortable, but the staff was wonderful! We checked in with a woman that made it her job to bless us every time we crossed paths--she went above and beyond in every way. Then, at breakfast, the kitchen staff was kind and helpful. The pool was clean. The rooms were exactly what we wanted. It was a great stay and I highly recommend Homewood Suites!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Riegelsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for business - we arrived late on the first night and were met with the most pleasant associate, Christine. She did everything she could to make us feel welcomed and contacted a colleague who arrived earlier to let him know we were there.

The hotel was clean, well kept, it is huge and the rooms are big, comfortable and pleasant. Ample parking, easy access to the highway, a good breakfast and free wine and beer in the evening to unwind. Not too shabby! If i have to return to Longview, I would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Amarillo, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Desk clerk was rude and abrupt. We found a disgusting stain on the bed spread. The bathroom was dirty. The hallways and stairs were dirty. I would not stay at this hotel again even if it were free. This an old crappy hotel...avoid this Homewood suites.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. The suite was clean and neat. The staff was courteous and helpful. I was in Longview because of a death in my family. This was my first time ever to be in the town. I was driving and looking for a hotel that was near the funeral home and one that was in a safe area. It was such a relief to come upon Homewood Suites. It almost felt like I was meeting an old friend when the lady at the desk greeted me and made me feel totally welcome. I felt the stress flowing from me as she welcomed me. I will definitely return if the need arises again to be in the Longview area. If traveling to any other town, I will check online to see if there is a Homewood in the area. My appreciation goes to all who make this kind of hospitality possible. I was especially impressed with the lady at the check-in desk. Her demeanor was one of genuine caring. She seemed to appreciate and understand the fact that I was a woman alone in an unfamiliar area, looking for a safe place to stay. I thank her for being insightful. After leaving Longview and coming back to Dallas, I had to go to another town for my granddaughter's graduation. They did not have a Homewood...so I stayed at another hotel. Was kept awake by a barking dog until about 2:00 am. I will ask next time....or request a change. After resting a short time, I headed home...totally exhausted. Thank you Homewood for a scale on which I can measure a good visit!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was a great experience. We were in Longview for a softball tournament for the weekend and the whole team booked at this hotel. Fantastic amenities, staff, and location. Definitely would stay here again if we found ourselves in Longview.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Minneapolis
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been staying at this hotel weekly since late April for business. I absolutely love the front desk staff. Breakfast is simple, yet filling. The evening receptions are also nice to have, in the event you don't want to go to a restaurant for dinner or if you just want a complimentary glass of wine. Yes, the hotel is a bit dated....but so am I! Everything in my room was functional and working properly. I tend to like Homewood Suites because of the full-size refrigerator. There's a Kroger's grocery store across the street and the mall area is only 10-15 minutes away for restaurant options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Waverly, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Staff was very friendly, rooms very nice. Had excellent breakfast and managers reception each night that was not just appetizers. Was great to not have to leave the hotel to get food or drink after a long day of work

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business