“Great Customer Service...”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Longview
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Customer Service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel as I was traveling on vacation. Because of a late arrival (midnight) and early morning departure, I didn't get a chance to take advantage of all of the hotel's amenities. However the customer service will definitely bring me back anytime that I am in the area, in the future. My 1st experience was when I called to let the hotel know that I was going to be arriving late. I s/w with a hotel representative that did her best to tell me not to worry, take my time that she would be waiting for me. Once I arrived, again as I stated after midnight, I was greeted by a front desk clerk that treated me as though I was her long lost son and she was welcoming me home. I informed that I was towing a motorcycle and asked if I was parked in a good location. This led the clerk to share with me all about the motorcycle opportunities in the area. The clerk was certainly proud of her area and her job, how refreshing in this day and time. My room was everything and more that I needed for this short stay and I found the rate to be more than fair. I have certainly paid more for far less. The breakfast the following morning was really more than I bargained for with eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns along with assortment of cereals, bagels, muffins. I soon checked out and encountered my 3rd different representative with the hotel. She was as cordial as the 1st (2). You can really tell that this hotel preaches to its staff to treat their guests with tlc. It shows in all that they do. Im not easily impressed, on this trip I was led to wait for the GM just to share my experience with the staff's customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I love Homewood Suites. I always stay there wherever I go. My electricity goes out frequently in my hometown and Homewood has always been there to make me comfortable and welcome. The breakfast is wonderful and the staff is always helpful and polite.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Scott Depot, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at the very newest Homewood Suites and have stayed at the very oldest Homewood Suites in Omaha, Nebraska. This one falls more toward the Omaha property. Yes it had all the standard amenities that all the Homewoods have (a free hot breakfast and Mondays-Thursdays have a free Welcome Home reception, consisting of draft beers, house wine, soft drinks and a light dinner) but this property was showing its age.
The rooms were clean as they could be but an update should be around the corner. The staff was very pleasant. I was very cautious about going out after dark as the neighborhood around the hotel did not look too visitor friendly.Had I known this, I would have booked at the Hampton Suites in another part of town (which I will do next time)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
League City, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Facility and suite were good overall, but carpet does not smell fresh. An insecticide type spray left an olily residue on the rail/surfaces of the elevator, which transferred to clothing. Breakfast bread choices were definitely stale by third day of our stay.

Corpus Christi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The suite was lovely, and if I'd known it had a full kitchen, I would have brought things to cook. The suite invited relaxing, and I appreciated the food provided which I could even eat in my room. Restful stay for a long trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Smyrna, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

great hotel for the price...will stay again. was in toown to watch a football game in Kilgore...value,room and breakfast were on point. there is another Homewood across town...I may try that one on my next trip...but this one was perfect

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our family visit the Homewood Suites in Longview and truly enjoyed our stay. The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful. Hats off to the day and night front desk staff!!! They all went above and beyond to ensure our visit was of the highest standards.