“We've stayed here twice but no more”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Longview
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Shawano, Wisconsin
“We've stayed here twice but no more”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is way past due for updating and is quite noisy regardless whether you're in the front or the back because of road noise in the front and the port a potty business in the back makes quite a racket moving the stalls around. Breakfast (free) is just one step above a vending machine and is worth what you pay for it, which is nothing. Next year we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Katy, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was less than 5 minutes from my parents home. It is definitely not the best hotel I've stayed at for this price range, but I was more interested in convenience to my parents for the holiday visit.

Wichita Falls, TX
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Not exactly friendly. When I made my reservations, they quoted me $10 a night more than they quoted my friend for the same room type. When I relayed that to the clerk she told me to tell them at the desk upon check in and it would be the same rate as my friend. Evidently that message was not relayed to the desk clerk and she refused to do that when I checked in. Internet service was unavailable and since that was mandatory for us, we decided to check out. When I went downstairs to check out, the desk clerk was on the phone with a personal call and very rudely told me I would have to wait. All I needed was something on paper that show that I didn't owe any fees and she acted like I was asking for something unusual, but I finally got her to agree to give it to me and I went on down the road to a more comfortable setting.

Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff. I only wish that their swimming pool was indoors. The breakfast buffet is above average when compared to other hotel properties. The rooms were clean. You may want to request a AAA or military discount if you qualify. My military discount saved me 50%.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Cordova, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff is always like family in Longview, TX! I always look to stay at this hotel when visiting family in Longview. The suites are large and spacious! The breakfast and dinner selections are always top notch and the friendly service from those attendants are greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Creal springs IL, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very good value. Well kept hotel. Good breakfast. Feels like a home away from home. In the summer the pool is very nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful. This hotel has a caged basketball court. Smoking allowed outside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Charleston, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It's a typical Homewood Suites and my room was comfortable, the food average but beware if you are into staying in shape...the gym falls way short of expectations. The staff was nice, especially the morning kitchen hostess and front desk personnel. The location is OK but good restaurants are a bit of a drive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business