“Nice big rooms…little outdated though” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Longview

Knights Inn Longview
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Longview
St. Francisville, LA
“Nice big rooms…little outdated though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

When we walked into the suite-style room we were amazed at the size. Two "bedrooms" with a TV in each, and a kitchen with a sink, stove, microwave and refrigerator…wow! Good thing it was a well equipped kitchen because the continental breakfast in the lobby was pathetic! Only cold cereal and pastries, and a toaster for toast and bagels…no yogurt, no boiled eggs, no protein whatsoever! Stock up at the grocery store the night before or make the quick walk to the nearby Waffle House. The rooms were very clean but the furnishings appeared to be a little outdated…no, a lot outdated and somewhat worn! It looks like this place was filled with a lot of contract workers for the local industries; which made us a little worried that it would be noisy, but it was pretty quiet. The staff was friendly also. So if you can put up with dated furniture and a lousy lobby breakfast, you will enjoy a clean, comfortable and spacious room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Burleson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The location is good being right off Interstate 20 at Estes Parkway but access to the hotel is only from southbound. You have to make a U turn to get there.
The price is reasonable and the parking area secure within the compound.
The hotel is dated but clean and quite. It is in need of updating. The beds were comfortable but the bath linens are somewhat typical of this type hotel. You can see through them! They also only provided one hand towel for a 2 bed unit.
It was not a bad experience but next time, I'll try another hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the parking lot that is off the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Salado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently while there to attend a funeral in Marshall.
Very clean although the facility is old. Breakfast was not extensive, but plentiful and fresh.
Manager was very accommodating and friendly. He had a second floor room reserved for us, but we asked to be changed to a first floor room (bad knees and all that). He changed us with no problem and seemed happy to do so. Good price. Will stay there again if ever in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wolfe City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was originally my second choice of hotel. Never stayed there before and wish I had made it my first choice. My reservation was a complete disaster at a different hotel and Days Inn offered a lower rate, great staff, and full suite style room. Very please at how clean this hotel was. Very imprtantant in my book. The room looked like it had been renovated with new carpet and paint. You could tell the kitchen area was a little dated, but everything worked great. Tv's were flatscreen, but not the LCD style. The ballgame still showed great on it. Housekeeping was on it. Every time I came in for lunch my room had been cleaned, towels freshed, and bed made. Breakfast was good and the breakfast area was clean with a paper waiting for me on the table.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad J
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I traveled to Longview for a funeral and I knew before I even left home that this was not the place for me. But listening to my family, I went with it. I initially called and was quoted two different prices. So after asking for a definite price I went ahead and reserved the room. When I got there I went and dropped my things off and went to be with family. Didn't really have a chance to look around. But when my family and I got back to the room it was on. The furniture and floors were stained to hell. The bathroom smelled horrible. The kitchen, I would have starved to death before I would have cooked on that stove. There were people hanging all around my room for some reason. I couldn't take it. So I went to the front and spoke with the manager Pauline and she first asked me if I wanted another room. Because it was late at night I said yes. She then tells me well we don't have another room for you, so you can just leave. I requested my pre-authorization receipt back. She gave me a copy. Little did I know they had already withdrawn the money that was supposed to be a hold until I checked out, but she told me that the money would go back the next day. We left and found another hotel which was a paradise compared to this place. The next morning I get up and checked my balance on my acct and these people had taken the money out of my acct a second time. I was livid. I called days inn and spoke to Betty who was the one the processed the debit. She stated that the pre-authorization slip was in the stack to be debited so she sent it through. She stated that all that was on the slip was "did not like room." So in talking with her she stated that when the day manager came in he would refund me. First he was supposedly coming in at 8. Then it was 9. By 10 I was on the phone with Days Inn Customer Service and my bank. Finally my bank decided to credit all except the overdraft. So I held the hotel responsible. I called the hotel and let them know that I wanted my overdraft refunded from them. Betty told me by noon Neil would refund the money. I went until 2pm and still did not have the money on my acct. So I called the hotel again and Pauline was there. In speaking with her she began to yell at me and hung up on my. So I got in my car and went up there and spoke to her face to face with her as well as called customer service again and let them know what was going on. Pauline tried to say she didn't hang up. But she was lying. After an hour of me leaving, Neil finally decided to call me. Pauline had called him because I went up there and she was now supposedly fearful. But I never passed any type of threat to her. Neil tried to say that they didn't owe me anything. He wanted to see my acct or they were not giving me anything. So I sent him a screen shot of my acct. He then contacted me trying to apologize and stated that he would refund my money. This place from the customer service on down to the rooms and environment is deplorable. For three dollars more you can go to Baymont Inn and get better rooms and service.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brittany t

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels

Malvern, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a very nice motel with very friendly and helpful management. We booked a room with two double beds, but were able to upgrade to a very nice suite for just a few dollars more. The breakfast was sufficient, and we had everything we needed for a very reasonable price. While my husband and I live in Arkansas, many of my family live in Longview, and we will be staying again at this motel while attending family functions.

Room Tip: Helpful management
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen I
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My granddaughter had a doctor's visit with the cardiologist the next day. We enjoyed the swimming pool, the kitchenette and the double rooms. The price was great and the Hotel staff was so helpful when I needed a room on the ground floor. If I am in the area overnight I will definitely stay there. We had a great outcome at the cardiologist, TOO!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family