“Best Hotel in Longview”

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Combine, United States
“Best Hotel in Longview”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Granddaughter had a seizure during our visit to the breakfast area. The entire staff was extremely helpful and compassionate. Especially the Breafast area lady. Her name was Angel. She was very helpful to my wife as she returned to try and find something for my granddaughter to eat after recovering from her seizure and help arrange for a late checkout so she could rest. My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tim B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Alford W.,

Thank you for your kind review of the Hampton Inn and Suites in Longview! It is always a joy to hear that we are right on target. There is nothing we love more than pleasing our guests and making them feel welcome, comfortable and at home with us. Thank you for mentioning Angel and giving her kudos for going the extra mile for you. I will be sure to personally let her know how much that meant to you. I know she will be thrilled to hear it! We are glad you choose this Hampton when you are in town and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My stay at Hampton Inn in Longview (north side) was good. I had problems with the TV cable that were not resolved and couldn't watch the NBA play-off game one night. Otherwise, this is a very nice hotel and staff are extremely nice. Breakfast is the typical for similar hotels, but no negatives (unless you count having to watch Fox and Friends each morning a negative as I do).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lon H,

Thank you for taking time to rate our hotel! I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience and frustration caused by the lapse in programming that occurred in your room the day you stayed with us. Rest assured this is a very uncommon occurrence. I am sorry to hear that it was not resolved. Hampton does back every stay with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Since you did not get to enjoy the game you were looking forward to watching I do hope this was issued to you. We would like to invite you back again next time you are in town. If there is anything we can do to encourage you to give us another try please reach out to us and mention this review! I'm glad to hear that the staff was very friendly and we wish you all the best in your future travels.
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon a late arrival we waited 1-2 minutes for staff to appear at desk, although staff was pleasant and quick check in. Noticed carpets in hallways are very stained and need some attention. Our room was nice and clean, however room had an odd odor that I could not identify. It was too late in the evening to change rooms and decided to stay in the room, but it was detectible throughout the night when I woke up. Breakfast could use more staffing for busy mornings. Friendly desk staff in the morning. There is a Starbucks on the corner just up the street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tim B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay at Hampton Inn and Suites in Longview! I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to immediately greet you upon your late arrival. I'm glad to hear that the friendly front desk staff in the morning left you feeling welcomed. I'll be sure to pass on the compliment!

We are currently addressing the areas of concern regarding the carpet. Although many guests tell us our property looks and smells new, there are always ways a six year old hotel can refresh. We pride ourselves on maintaining a high level of cleanliness for our valued guests.

Our hot breakfasts are VERY popular on the weekends! I'm sorry for any delays you may have experienced, but I do hope you found our selections satisfying. We hope you will come back next time you are in the Longview area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We asked for a handicap accessible room and were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a HC suite that was very large and quite comfortable. The hotel was quiet, clean, and well-located for our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the space of our handicapped suite. We look forward to your next visit! We always love giving our guests the best rooms we have available!
Tulsa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Upon arrival, I checked into my room and noticed that the air conditioner made a very loud and intrusive mechanical noise each time it cycled on. I made one phone call to the front desk, and was immediately relocated to another room. I would have preferred to stay on the higher floor, but I happily accepted a room on the first floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our service on TripAdvisor! We are glad we were able to find a suitable solution although we are sorry that your original room was not perfect for you. I understand how inconvenient having to move rooms is after a long day of travel. Getting a good night's rest is one of the most important aspects of your hotel stay and we are glad you left feeling refreshed. Thank you again for letting us know what we could do to make your stay a good one. We would love to have you back!
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. I keep coming back to it because of my HiltonHonors membership, the location, it has a pleasant atmosphere, and I don't think there's a nicer hotel in the area.

The downsides to this hotel are the very thin walls between the rooms, and the pool/hot tub didn't look like anything I'd be willing to get into.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad you find our location convenient and our atmosphere pleasant. Next time you are here, please ask us for a complimentary gym pass to a local fitness center that boasts a large, beautiful outdoor pool. They even have a diving board. I'm sorry to hear that our indoor pool and hot tub were not as inviting as you'd hoped. We'd love to have you back!
joplin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

they didn't get our room cleaned until 3 that Friday had to wait in lobby for 2 hours before they cleaned after asking them 3 times left early tht morning came back at 1 stll wasn't cleaned we complained manger Tim said he would give us a free night take money off for one night but didn't then he said he would give us fifteen thousdand extea points as of yet he hs not bad hotel this hampto never had problems with any other hmpton we styed at

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple