“This is a great place to stay!”

Candlewood Suites Longview
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I don't hand out five stars easily, but this place is great. We were surprised when we opened the door; spacious, nice, and all the appointments of home. The staff here were wonderful, and really treated our two dogs well. My wife and I both were pleasantly surprised by this place, and would love to stay again if we ever have to stay here in Longview again (my wife was sent here for a few days on business).

There are pots, pans, coffee, full sized fridge, TV/DVD/Direct TV, etc. This place looks very new. I honestly can't find any flaws, except there is no oceanfront view. (that's a joke, folks)

Room Tip: We got a room with two, comfortable queen beds. Sleep in one bed for a few days, then the other bed...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thank John and Desire... C

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at IHG hotels but I've never stayed at a Candlewood before. Just a few things to expect: it is an extended stay hotel so there is only weekly housekeeping and there isn't complimentary breakfast in the mornings.

If you care about those things, you may want to try the Holiday Inn Express across the street.

It meet my needs for my 2 night stay though. There was adequate Internet, and plenty of outlets by the nightstand (something that's not too common). The rooms are clean and spacious, with the little kitchens in them. I had an accessible room so the bathroom was extra big. I also enjoyed the fitness center- there are 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 stationary bike, and a weight machine. The other thing I liked was the location. You can walk to several restaurants and the mall is across the street.

Overall, it's a good choice if you're traveling to Longview.

(Tip for management: If I were you, I would tell the front desk staff to not turn the TV on to FOX News. You don't want to alienate guests who detest it like I do. Just because it may be a local news choice, your guests aren't from Longview.)

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Meredith R
Ryan P, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

We appreciate your thorough review and are glad you choice to stay with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The staff was GREAT!! The amenities were GREAT! They do have smoking rooms so this was a plus for us. Laundry is free. Rooms were clean. I never felt uncomfortable here. Each time we entered the lobby, we were greeted and asked if they could assist us with anything! Loved it here!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. We were there for two weeks and I can't think of anything that would have had as more homely feel. The staff and manager were super courteous and responsive. They have free movie rentals, free laundry. I would recommend the first floor if you have children because floors beneath can hear you walk. Other than that, excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

While on a travel nurse assignment my company set up housing and they picked a very nice place staff very friendly, clean on site workout room and laundry that you don't have to pay for outside grill area close to shops and resteraunts. The rooms are clean they even have a dishwasher. Fully stocked kitchenette with silverware pots and storage containers. The only bad thing I can say is there wasn't a continental breakfast but they have free coffee and a small store that you can purchase frozen foods and snacks. Very satisfied customer.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed four nights on business and I was extremely pleased with my stay. The staff is awesome! They were very helpful and courteous! The only area of improvement that I noticed was the the business center. There is only one computer and the printer is behind the front desk. I believe this concept is use to may save paper, however, since the business center is in eye view of the the front desk they should put a printer in the area. The fitness center is nice! Overall I really enjoyed my stay and I would without a doubt stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J D
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We were traveling through Texas with 50 lb. dog. Not easy to find a place that allows that size dog and doesn't charge a lot. This was a nice place, good size suite with kitchen, and vey clean. I would definitely stay there again with or without a pet.

Room Tip: With a dog they gave us a room on the ground floor. This made it very easy to take the dog for a wa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
CJ C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoy having our guests and their best friends with us! We hope to see you again soon!