“Just Average”

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Conroe, Texas, United States
“Just Average”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For me to give a hotel more than average it has to actually be more than what you expect a hotel should be. A hotel should be a nice place to stay. A home away from home. If it achieves this then a hotel does exactly what it is supposed to and deserves and average. It served its purpose. It was a good place to sleep. I did not care for the room layout in my suite but it wasn't terrible. One thing I would have liked is an inside place I could sit and hangout while my roommate slept but the only place I was told that was available is outside in the heat. There is also the front entrance but that is a little awkward. All in all an average stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear James B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad to know your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. The comments we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I traveled this weekend to pick my daughter up from camp. I've been doing this for the last few years trying different hotels but never really liking any of them enough to make it my regular stop. That has now changed. This place was well suited to my needs - a clean comfortable room and a very friendly staff. Having actual DirecTV in the rooms an opposed to the grainy local cable signal that has been split too many times was a nice surprise. I appreciated the full kitchen with refrigerator so I could bring along drinks and snacks for the next day. The location was great with easy access to loop 281 and a number of places to eat and shop as needed. But, even though my room was on the road facing side, I had no issues with outside noise. The only nit, and it is a minor one - don't expect a scenic view out the window. One side faces the parking lot and the other, which I was in, had a breathtaking view of...the back of a shopping center :) Still, the window provided light into the room when I needed it and the curtains did a good job shutting out the light when closed. All in all, I was very satisfied with my stay and plan to return whenever I find need to be in Longview.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank I_of_Texas
Ryan P, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Our hotel thoroughly enjoys having guests like you stay with us. Thank you for letting us be hospitable. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent two nights here in late June on business. I found the property to be in very, very good condition overall - it appeared to be almost new as of June 2014. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and made me feel welcome and appreciated.

The room was great: large, well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Unusual in my experience, the A/C almost worked too good! The linens and the bedding was great - very clean and smelled fine.

I was a bit disappointed in the fact that this property didn't have regular housekeeping services. (Apparently, they must be requested by placing a small magnetic sign on the outside of your door.) Not really a concern for me save for the removal of trash....again, you apparently have to place that outside your door in the morning if you want it removed. Not a big deal, but those details certainly weren't made clear to me upon arrival.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this property if you're needing a place in Longview or the surrounding areas.

Room Tip: Remember to put the signs on your door!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HermanSnerd
gmcandlewoodlongview, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
HermanSnerd,

We're glad you chose Candlewood Suites Longview for your recent stay in town. I'm disappointed you were not told about our housekeeping schedule at check in. This is something we strive to communicate with every guest and I will certainly use this as a training tool for my staff. We appreciate your time in reviewing our property and hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staff is Amazing!!

I stayed at this Candlewood for a little over three months. The staff there made me feel at home from day one!! Anything I needed for my room they made it happen. Their daily conversation and cheerful attitudes were much appreciated. They know the area well and have many great recommendations for where to eat and what to see and do. Every part of my stay was perfect!! Special thanks to Jeanette and Josh!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeffrey H
Jeffrey H,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Candlewood Suites Longivew. We loved having you and your company stay with us! Guests like you are the reason we work in this industry. We hope too see you again soon and wish you all the best.

Your Candlewood Family
LITTLE ROCK
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my first time staying at Candlewood Suites but will NOT be my last! Not only was the staff first rate but the rooms were super clean, comfortable and with the kitchen realy made it homey. I used the outdoor gas fired BBQ grills on 2 nights and met some very nice fellow travelers. I will be coming back to Longview for a few nights every month and will be staying here EVERY TIME! I usually stay across the way at the HI Express but I actually prefer this property and will most likely stay in other Candlewood locations when available. Stay here and enjoy the amenities, location and very comfy beds. They don't offer "free" breakfast so take the money you save and go out to eat or better yet, cook your own. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, either one bed, two beds or a king suite. All have kitchens.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Douglas W,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you and we're thrilled to hear your kind words about how much you enjoyed your stay! We're excited to have you back next month and in the future at Candlewood Suites Longview.

See you soon!
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I were in Longview, Texas for my oldest brother's funeral. When we knew the time was close, I called and made reservations for two rooms...not knowing the exact date of arrival yet. The general manager, Josh, was wonderful and understanding. He gave me his personal cell # to keep him updated, so the rooms would be available at the right time. I ended up needing three rooms, which Josh was more than willing to supply. When we arrived, there was a blackout in the area due to the ice storm. Josh was waiting outside the hotel when we arrived at 12:30 in the early morning. I cannot tell you how wonderful we all felt during our stay under a lot of stress and sadness. Josh's staff was as warm and wonderful as he was. I would recommend this hotel any day! Thank you Josh and staff...May God Bless you all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda J A
gmcandlewoodlongview, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Linda J A,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. I'm glad we were able to make your stay with us a positive experience, during such a sad time. Candlewood Suites Longview would love to welcome you and your family again when you travel through Longview.

Thank you again and best wishes.
Hawkins
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was in town for my mothers funeral and with many relatives here as well, the houses filled up. I needed a very quiet but unpretentious place to rest and do some thinking.. this fit the bill to a "T". When I mentioned I was in town for a funeral, they, no questions asked, gave me a special rate , much lower, and put me on the top floor near the elevator(Very Quiet). To my delight they had DIrecTV (YEAH!) and a full kitchen , full size everything!! They even had popcorn in the microwave waiting for your late night munching pleasure. AND ICE MAKERS!! The bathroom was big enough to put about 15 people into which only the nicest hotels offer large bathrooms like this one. Water pressure, hurrah!! I slept like a top, good cold air and coffee right there in the room and it was good coffee, not starbucks, but still good coffee. These guys know whow to treat you good and I highly recommend them. I am a smoker, I know, boo to me, but it was nice to have that option in the days of non smoking anywhere. I hope they keep that policy, because their are people like me who do still smoke and yes, we are smokers so we don't mind the smell. But it caters to all!! Close to a nice Mexican restaurant, the mall, close to walmart, longview High school, Longview Regional Hosp. On 4th and Hollybrook. Nice and all under 90 dollars. Can't beat it!!!! I know I will stay with them again this weekend when i have to go back for other business to take care of in longview...

Room Tip: the room I had was on the top floor and near the elevator, south side, very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank karenroberts
gmcandlewoodlongview, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Longview, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
karenroberts,

My staff and I were delighted to read your kind words about our property and your stay with us. We are always striving for excellence in customer service and your review confirms that we are on the correct path. We hope to see you on your next trip to town and thank you for staying at Candlewood Suites Longview!