Comfort Suites Longview
US$83
US$96
US$88
BestWestern.com
Days Inn Longview South(Longview)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelocity
All reviewsmanager danbreakfast ladypanera breaddouble queen suitethe loopin townrestaurants and shopsnice staynorth sidewould stay here againone night staygreat customer serviceclean hotelsausagefront desk staffwafflespopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2012

It is very evident that this particular hotel is being neglected. Within the first 15 minutes of our arrival, we noticed the toilet was clogged and there were major plumbing problems. The extremely nice clerk, Lance, quickly moved us to another room. However, the sink and tub had an extremely slow drain, the OLD A/C unit, nor the small fridge were blowing cold at all. We were offered to move again from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor but that was already once too many times to have to pack up and move AGAIN. We were too exhausted and figured we would just stay put.
The red sofa chair in the room was heavily stained and completely DISGUSTING. The carpet was soooo dirty that it felt like it was never cleaned and left our feet really dirty from walking on it for 15 minutes. The pillows were not comfortable at all as they would get flat as soon as you placed your head on it. Even with two pillows, it made no difference at all.
The walls and floors seemed to not have ANY insulation at all. Normal steps sounded like loud stomps and you can hear your neighbors conversations.
The coffee pot in the room was dirty as if it had just been used. The "hot" breakfast was not any better. The cereal was soft and stale. The biscuits/muffins were kind of hard. At this point, we decided to check out and just go out for breakfast. We did not enjoy this hotel AT ALL. It was disappointment after disappointment.
I have never experienced this kind of hotel neglect. I'm sorry to say but we will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Staff at the counter was extremely nice and helpful but the quality of the hotel was not worth the money or the headaches. Please beware and pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe5Dallas
LongviewCS_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciation your compliments to the Guest Service Agent, Lance that assisted you. I am proud to have him on our team!

In regards to the remainder of your experience, my greatest apologies. We were unable to support our promises to ensure your stay was enjoyable. I want to assure you that I have spoken with my team in an attempt to alleviate as many of these issues for future and current guests. New pillows were ordered, and we are diligently working to replace them. The Executive Housekeeper and I have spoken with the housekeeping team and addressed the extreme importance of cleanliness in all guest rooms. I will contact my corporate office concerning the carpet and furniture to see what options we have for cleaning and shampooing. Lastly, my maintenance man is working on checking out the AC units and the refrigerator.

Again, I appreciate your efforts to improve our hotel by reviewing your experience, and I welcome any and all feedback from my guests. I understand that your experience this past stay was not up to par, but with the changes initiated by your review, I hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

On June 15, 2012, I came in town for a Family & Friends Fish Fry. When I arrived it was pouring rain and the Front Desk Attendant helped me carry my belongings to my room. Wow! Talking about southern hospitality. He was comical, warm and friendly. This Comfort Suite, 3307 N 4th Street, Longview, TX was very clean. The carpet was nice both in the hallway and the room. The mattress was comfortable and the bathroom was large. I wish I was going to be staying there longer, that is how comfortable I felt. I would recommend this hotel to you. I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was good. The dining area attendant was friendly and kept the area clean. A tv was available to watch while dining.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
LongviewCS_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel and team members! I always love to hear when my team has gone above and beyond to help a guest! I know that I would welcome the help in pouring rain, so hearing that the Guest Service Agent was able to see an opportunity to help is very encouraging. If you ever find yourself in the Longview area again, I hope you will stop in to our hotel and enjoy our accomodations again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2012

As we drove up to the faded sign it should have been our first clue. We stayed two days, check-in took forever as reservations where booked through choice rewards and the desk clerk seemed unsure of how the process works and if the room was paid for. The room appeared OK however the beds are wore out as it felt like sleeping in a hammock. The ice bucket was filthy with something actually rotting in it. The "high speed wi-fi internet was so slow (11mbps but connection dropped repeatedly) I could not conduct any business. Tried using the one wired computer in the business center and it was not much faster. The employee at the front desk agreed but found it amusing as I commented I've seen faster dial up. The pool was freezing and the jacuzzi broke. There was not enough parking. About the only thing good I have to say about this hotel is the breakfast was good and the lady who worked the breakfast was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. We make every effort to offer the best value for your stay; I am sorry to hear the problems you encountered with the pool and room accommodations. I have addressed these issues with staff and implemented steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will try the Comfort Suites Longview, next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

It is an older hotel and could use a renovation but....it is very clean, in a good location, beds are extremely comfortable. They kept the breakfast bar open longer for straggling guests. Lots of towels and very accomadating. Indoor pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
kay65062, Manager at Comfort Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear M.Lisa

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are currently in the middle of a very large renovation process, it is a bit of an eyesore but it is all in an effort to deliver the best product we can to our guests We should be done by the end of June and I am sure that you will like the changes. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Longview.
Many Thanks
K.Bhutt

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Well maintained and clean. The exit stairway at each end of the facility was carpeted and clean. Front desk person charged me twice in error but a follow up call later that day notified me and corrected the error.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Hensaustin
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Longview! We appreciate the time you spent writing your thoughts about our clean rooms, and friendly staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. I have shared your kind words with my staff and they join me in thanking you for staying with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip into Longview!
Many Thanks