“Always a pleasure”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Dickinson, Texas
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Again, our stay was great! Friendly staff, large clean room, good breakfast. Couldn't ask for anything more. It was a long weekend stay, and even then, the service was top notch. We will stay here everytime we travel in this area,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dave B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I noticed that I forgot to thank some of the guest reviewers from this summer. Please accept my apologies for overlooking such high compliments and the scores you awarded our team. Especially since this was the third time you have offered your reviews of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and repeated selection of our hotel for your lodging needs in Longview. I hope you had a great summer. We look forward to the next opportunity to impress you at the Best Western Regency Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed in a suite. I was told by the desk clerk that the hotel was only two years old. That was hard to believe because the furniture was badly warn with lots of snags in the fabric. My desk chair had a 12" rip and the foam padding was coming out. The breakfast is meager, at best. It did not have any fresh fruit (June 1 - 3). When I checked out the elevator had quit working and I had to drag my heavy bags down to the car.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor in case the elevator quits.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill_W5PT
Bill: I noticed that I forgot to thank some of the guest reviewers from this summer. Please accept my apologies for overlooking the opportunity to address the issues you offered on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience on the web site and want to apologize for the inconveniences you suffered.
The hotel is now four and a half years old and some of our oil/gas field work crews can be tough on the furniture. We really appreciate their business, so we are replacing many pieces, including the desk chairs, with a hardier design that is resistant to such wear and tear. Since I started here this year, we have made several improvements to the breakfast selections and service; I hope you would approve of the changes, including the added fruit. As for the elevator, I sincerely apologize for the mechanical or programming failure that caused the device to be shut down. Such equipment is built for convenience, but when not operating properly it can pose a threat to the safety of the staff and our guests. As safety and security trump convenience, I must apologize for the inoperable condition of the elevator when you checked out and feel awful that you had to drag your luggage down the stairs.
I hope you had a great summer and the rest of your travels were less troublesome. We you will consider the Best Western Regency Inn for your lodging needs the next time you visit Longview.
Cedar Hill, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I love this hotel the front desk personnel had a problem with checking me in on my last visit, it took hours, he kept my credit card and ID gave me access to my room. he called the room and all is well

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The lobby was well appointed with modern decor. The rooms have very high ceilings that give the illusion of a lot of room. The bed was very comfortable and each room has a small refrigerator and microwave. It was clean and didn't look worn. The free internet worked well though I had to sign in every time.
The breakfast was good but ends at 9:00. It would have been nice to end at 9:30 on the weekdays and later on the weekend. The coffee was excellent.
Since I was there on business, I was given a very good corporate rate so the value was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business