“Very, very nice place to stay!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed for 7 nights and had a great time. Very friendly staff, good rates, spacious rooms. And we personally loved it that we did not have housekeeping knocking on the door every day. But all we needed was available at the reception. A small defunct in the bathroom was taken care of within 5 minutes after calling the desk. The hotel is very close to restaurants and Wallmart.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BramDutch
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

As the new General Manager of the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview, Texas would like to thank you for you past review on Trip Advisor and welcome you to come back to stay at our award winning property!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The hotel was excellent. Nice friendly staff and very helpful. I would stay at this hotel again. Very clean and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: I prefer higher rooms. My room was on the second floor which was great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MARLING4

Reviewed 13 June 2012

After comparing prices and accomodations of all the hotels in Longview, I decided to pass up the more well known hotels and take a chance on the lower priced Suburban. I'm so glad I did as this will now be the only place I stay when I return to visit friends in that area. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable with a complete mini-kitchen. You can move right in and feel at home for a night or a week. The staff was so incredibly helpful and genuinely friendly that they create a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. The hotel is located right on the loop near any shopping, dining or entertainment you could want. When I first entered my room and looked out the window, I discovered a family barbeque taking place at the pool below. To my surprise, I never heard a bit of the noise I was sure they were making! It is one of the most quiet hotels I have ever stayed in. The only negative comments I have are regarding the easy chair in the room...not very comfortable to lounge in while watching TV and the smell of the room. I am a smoker and so reserved a smoking room, so a bit of odor is to be expected. I would suggest that the hotel cleaning staff be equipped with Febreeze to spray on the fabrics to help ease the strong odor after each smoking guest. It really works! I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the Longview area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Shelley R

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We used our Memorial day weekend to finish cleaning out our family home in Oklahoma City. The comfortable bed was a welcome relief after a day and a half of loading and unloading heavy furniture and precious memories. But what really impressed me was the initial appearance of the hotel; fresh paint, no foul smells, bright and comfy lobby. Our room was very comfortable and CLEAN. I have stayed in other extended stay hotels and I have never been in one so clean and pretty. Jonnye was the first person I saw and she was very nice and professional in directing us around the hotel. The staff always greeted the guests with a smile and I was very impressed with their genuine concern for their customers satifaction, something I did not experience with the other extended stay hotels I have used.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura B

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I travel to Longview on business every week and I'm so glad I found this hotel. The staff is very friendly, they always offer a smile and help with anything I may need. The location is great, close to nice restaurants, shopping and movies. The room is comfortable, spacious, and the mini kitchen is very nice. The bed is very comfortable. A very nice attribute is the quiet! There is no noise whatsoever, I can't hear road noise or cars. A big improvement from my previous location. The free wifi internet access is great, no problems so far.

There to two things I would improve on: The table and chairs aren't very accommodating or comfortable for laptop work. I spend 3-4 hours a night working, and the chairs aren't quiet up to snuff for comfort. Also, if I want to lay down and relax in the bathtub, they are a bit short, and I am only 5'7" tall. But for the price I pay for the room, I can overlook these shortcomings. I'll keep coming back each week!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank BOBBY W

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed 6 nights at the Longview Texas location. The staff was very professional and friendly. The special attention that was given to my 2 dogs was beyond any other hotels that I have ever stayed at. My little Sadie could not pass the front without Dorothy giving her a hug! The hotel was very clean, inside and out. My room was just what I was looking for with extended stay. Again the staff and accomadtions were excellent! Looking forward to another stay soon. Thanks to everyone!!! Suzanne , Dakota, Sadie

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was new and clean. Size of room was a bit larger than normal, and had a full kitchen with fridge and microwave. They did not have bed service or new towels each day (I could have picked up new towels if I had wanted to), or a continental breakfast each morning, which I guess helps keeps the cost down. I didn't miss it. Nice free cook-out Tuesday night. Nice location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business