“Great value”

Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Longview, Texas
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

As we were relocating, we chose this hotel to bridge the "gap" between closings. The staff was very accomodating and quick to respond to any of our requests. The hotel was clean and well kept. Everything was new and in great working order. The only drawback was that the pool was closed randomly for various reasons throughout our weeklong stay in August (with 3 kids). So we were a little disappointed but not heartbroken. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
EileenP64, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the facilities while making The Suburban Extended Stay Of Longview your "temporary home."

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and welcome to our wonderful town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Abilene, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just got home from 2 nights in Suburban Extended Stay in Longview. This is our 2nd time to stay here. We have stayed in several other hotels in Longview and in our experience this is the best. Large comfortable room, stove, microwave and a real refrigerator with a big freezer. The a/c worked great! The front desk was extremely kind and helpful. We will stay here on our next trip to Longview. The only negative is there is no free breakfast but Jack in the Box is next door. 5 Guys Burgers is just across the street and their burgers are way better than average.

Room Tip: Great place to stay!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and especially our staff, they will appreciate your review. We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible.

We look forward to see you again!
Ellijay, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nearly new facility in excellent condition. Friendly staff. Good location at 4th St. and Loop 281. If you are eating in your room, beware that silverware and dinnerware are minimal, but the front desk will provide more. Also, this hotel uses duvet bed covers which some people may find too warm in a TX summer.

Room Tip: Side facing Loop 281 gets much less sun exposure.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted you chose to stay with us and couldn't be more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The staff is friendly,the rooms are clean and very homelike. Will definitely return. Probably the most cleanliness, suitable, and comfortable hotel I've stayed at in Longview in awhile. Hope suburban continues having smoking rooms because its really convenient for smokers.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Allison9108
Thank you for taking time to review us and thank you for your great rating! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in your kind feedback which has been shared with the entire staff. We look forward to serving you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have been staying at this suburban hotel since it was new. When it was new and for several months the service was good and the hotel was clean. This trip, I turn the lights on at 1 AM to read and there were literally roaches dripping off the ceiling and falling onto my bed. The bathroom and had bugs crawling everywhere. There were so many that there was no way that I could begin to kill them. I didn't change rooms because it was the middle of the night and my things were spread everywhere.
When I politely told two staff members about it in the morning one of them just shrugged his shoulders and said huh. The other one said nothing and they both turned around and resumed their conversation with each other.
During my last stay there was trash overflowing everywhere outside of the side door and this took place for two straight days even though employees saw.
The last two out of four visits there has been no coffee ready in the morning.
They have a new employee at the front desk almost every single week now.
Unfortunately what could be a nice hotel either has horrible management/ownership or the level of the employees that they are hiring is simply not adequate.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank bpj1
Paul L, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
To whom it may concern:

Thank you for your concerns. First, I need to address the issue with the bugs. Every year, East Texas has an influctuation of ground beetles. All buinesses in the Longview area are fighting this battle. We alerted our pest control company and they have responded by placing chemical barrier around the property. This has alleviated the issue. BY NO MEANS WERE THE OBSERVED BUGS ROACHES and this is the only complaint that the hotel has ever received in regards to bugs in our hotel rooms.

With regards to the other issues, I would disagree fully. The hotel does have a new front desk staff, but thjis staff has been in place for about 2 months. Lastly and with regards to the trash, I would ask the question: What time was it observed? The hotel has a full time maintenance person who discards all trash on a daily basis--twice a day.

In closing, I would like to say that Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, management and ownership , maintains an extremely clean facility with the highest levels of guest service. Managerment is available 24/7 to assist should a guest have any issues. In this case, management, nor the staff, was alerted of any problems with the guest stay.

Travellers are raving about these Longview hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have stayed at this facility for a total of 60+ nights since it has opened late last summer and will probably will stay that many more before the end of my project in Longview. It has always been very clean with well stocked rooms. There has been some staff changes in recent months that actually has been for the better. The new manager has been more attentive to details and the rest of the staff always makes you feel welcome to their house after a long, hot 12/14 hour day. Keep up the good work and I will continue to stay as long as I am in Longview. Have recommended to many others in my company that visit the project.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sam M
It was great to hear all of the positive comments about our property, but we really appreciated the feedback about the staff. We work hard on developing a service culture that is about warmth and genuine care so I am glad to see that the teams' efforts were recognized and appreciated.
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Booked 4 double rooms through hotwire, had 10 family members I was traveling with . Received confirmation from hotwire prior to arrival that there was no need to call hotel that my reservations was confirmed. When I arrived at the hotel the lady at the desk told me they was overbooked. Said everytime someone books a room through hotwire they dont get accurated booking information. After about 20 minutes of frustration and told they had no rooms the manager came to the desk and they finally came up with 3 single rooms and 1 double room. Called hotwire and reported what had happen and what the hotel had told me about hotwire. Hotwire then called the hotel as I stood by the lady at the desk told hotwire I chose to take single room that it was my choice. I told the lady I had no choice because she didnt have any of the rooms I had booked. I would never stay at this hotel every again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont like being lied to and I dont like the way this hotel handles buisness.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Betweet
Paul L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
As of the April 1, 2013, the hotel has a new, and very seasond general manager. We truly apolozige for the issues experienced. We always strive for 100% satisfaction\.