“Bed bugs and poor service!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night for business. Despite this hotel being relatively new and appearing nice from a distance, my experience was terrible. I reserved a room with a queen sized bed and upon arrival was checked in to a room with 2 doubles. I was not told this was happening and did not realize it until I was in the room. The front desk clerk advised me there was nothing she could do since the hotel was overbooked and they had already given my room away by roughly 6:00pm. The room itself appeared modern and new. However, it was not clean. There was food in the kitchenette chair, the bathroom was dirty- mold in the caulk, no non-slip mat (I almost slipped every time I moved in there- I am young and in shape), the tub was stained, and the bathroom had not been cleaned properly as evidenced by the various small objects I found on the floor. The night of my stay I noticed a small dying bug on the bathroom floor which I did not think much about until the next morning. The next morning, I found a BED BUG on my night stand. I caught him and identified him as such (I am a doctor with a background in entomology). At this point, I am still not sure if my clothes, luggage, car, and house have been fully decontaminated despite taking the proper steps to do so. I brought the bug to the GM that same morning and he confirmed that it was a bed bug, waived my fee for the night, offered me a free night's stay there in the future (HAHAHA!), and offered to have my clothes dry cleaned (that doesn't address contamination of my car or luggage). Although I have filed a formal complaint, I have yet to hear back from Choice Hotels regarding professional extermination. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! IT'S DIRTY AND ITS SERVICE IS SERIOUSLY LACKING.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Crystal5576

Reviewed 8 February 2014

i would recommend you to stay with suburban extended stay. great comfortable beds!!!! felt almost like my bed at home.... rooms are very nice they have a full kitchen in them full size refrigerator stove dishes whatever you need they have it. convience of a little store inside the motel to buy food drinks snacks or whatever you would like. the frontdesk clerk was very nice and it was a very fast checkin which was great after driving for a few hours. it was very quiet. its just a wonderful place to stay and i would stay there again. rooms were very clean. the gm has done a great job with that motel and picking the employees. it was a great expierence.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank april v
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and especially our staff, they will appreciate your review. We strive to provide all our guests with the best service possible.

We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Had an excellent stay here. The entire room was squeaky clean. The room has a very nice little kitchen area with cooking utensils. Theres even a guest laundry room. Very nice for someone staying a while, or even just staying the night. The entire staff is very welcoming, friendly, and always smiling.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview. We appreciate all your kind words, and are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay here. We pride ourselves on great friendly service, so it delights us that you found our staff so accommodating. Thanks so much for the recommendation, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms have a well equipped kitchenette. The hotel is very new and nicely decorated. Great location just off I-20 and many places to choose for dinner. All major chains are represented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted you chose to stay with us and couldn't be more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This establishment will be the top choice when my travels bring me to the area. I have stayed in several hotels throughout the US and this one ranks 5 in my top 10, as I was truly made to feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Suburban Extended Stay We are delighted you chose to stay with us and couldn't be more pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Suburban Extended Stay of Longview.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

erin is a very very unique employee. I have never stayed at hotel where I was greeted with awesome personality like hers.she really cares about her customers.i will always stay there because of her.the hotel is very very comfortable clean.i feel like im at home when I come here.its nice to look outside from your room. I love the the kitchen setup also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EileenP368, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the facilities while staying at The Suburban Extended Stay Of Longview. Nothing makes me more pleased to hear the great job an employee does. Erin's warm personality and is an asset to our team!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed two nights over the weekend with 2 of our boys. This is our third time to stay at this hotel and I have to say that this is going to be our only choice of lodging while in Longview Texas. The beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is beyond accommodating. There is a gas grill for the use of the guests who would like to enjoy outdoors cooking. Each room has a full size refrigerator, a stove top, microwave, coffee pot, and all the necessities for cooking meals. This is perfect for those on a tight budget as it keeps you from having to eat out each meal. There is a nice picnic table area and an outdoor pool. Although it was too chilly to swim, we have stayed during the warmer months and enjoyed time in the pool. There is a nice fitness room and a laundry facility. Each floor has a coke machine and ice machine in addition to fresh brewed coffee in the morning in the lobby. When checking out, my husband mentioned how much we enjoyed our stay and the day manager, Jason Aviles gave us a card for a special rate for our next stay. I'm a frequent traveler and will definitely make Suburban Extended Stay Hotel my first choice when available.

There are plenty of close by restaurants, pharmacies and shopping. I highly recommend you choose this facility.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far western part of the building are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
EileenP64, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013