“Great place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Longview
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel several nights each month. We return there because the staff is well above average in friendliness and assistance, the hotel is impeccably maintained, the rooms are spotless, the pool is clean and the breakfast is delicious and plentiful. Everyone from the maids to the management has a ready smile and common courtesy. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a refrigerator or microwave in most rooms, but one is available for guest u...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Front desk staff is awful. Lady who checked us in at night was rude and the lady who checked us out was yapping on her cell phone with a friend.

Room had a musty smell.

Breakfast was great. Lady running that took real pride in keeping it clean and stocked.

Night time security guard was very pleasant and helpful.

Overall, not worth $93.00 plus tax. Find someplace else where the front desk staff actually cares about their job and your comfort.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to get the best room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Laughman1984,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am pleased you found our night security guard and our breakfast options commendable. I am sorry you received unacceptable service from our front desk staff. I will forward your comments our front office to be addressed accordingly. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My hotel chain choice is usually Holiday Inn. I can depend on having a clean room and a comfortable bed. While those things were present at this property, the hotel failed to meet the general standards I have come to expect with a Holiday Inn Express.
The interior is in need of refurbishing. My room did not have a mini refrigerator nor a microwave.
The staff was friendly and helpful but this property needs some work.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longview, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Jimgev,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Longview as your hotel preference. I am pleased that you liked our clean room and comfortable beds as well as our friendly and helpful staff. I am sorry to hear that you were let down by our hotel interiors. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future refurbishments. We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in Longview, TX.

Lera M

Reviewed 22 July 2012

The highlight of my stay was the wonderful salt water outdoor swimming pool. It was very refreshing on a hot summer day.

The rooms are nice, but this Holiday Inn Express does not have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. The bed was very comfortable. I appreciated being able to wash my clothes in the coin-op guest laundry.

Jessica at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

From the minute we arrived we felt like family.Jessica meet us with the biggest smile. she made us feel very welcomed like a part of her family.Any questions we had she had the answers.To us she went well above any expectations of what we expect from a hotel employee.She made our stay in longview. We truly didn't want to go home.Thank You again Jessica for a truly enjoyable stay with you. Looking forward to our next stay with y'all

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife. The carpeting of my room was in very poor shape. There was a big tear in it about 2 inches wide and around 12 inches long. We got in very late and we were very tired so I didn't feel like asking for a different room. The room was very clean. The breakfast was usual Holiday Inn fare. It was good, fresh, and not dried out. The bacon was thin enough that you could almost see through it. It was very convenient to the highway. Overall not bad. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Crometron,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast during your stay. I would like to apologize for the carpeting issues you had experienced in your room. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see improvements made.

We look forward to hosting you back at our hotel should your travels bring you back to Longview.

Pam G.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

First Stay here, it was OK but no warn and fuzzies here. The room smeeled very strongly of cleaning solutions but other than that it was OK.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business