“Mediocre at best.”

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Kilgore texas
“Mediocre at best.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Staying here for one night was a wake up call as to how the Holiday Inn in Kilgore spoiled me!

Working in Shreveport for 2 days,but didn't want to stay there; decided to stay in Longview. Should have went back "home" to Kilgore to begin with. Stayed at the HI in kilgore for 9 months for work before our company moved locations.

Bed was hard, A/C cut out sometime throughout the night, fist sized hole in shower fiberglass, paint sagging on bathroom ceiling. Elevator wouldn't function after I checked in either. Then when I went to get breakfast and water cooler was empty and the milk I was going to use in my coffee was warm.

If you're looking to stay in that area off I-20, I would definitely recommend the HI off 259 in Kilgore. Kim, Debbie and the entire staff are always friendly and inviting!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longview, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear adam W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Your comments about the AC unit in the room and the beds have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel's pricing fluctuates a lot. It is well located for business or pleasure in the "piney woods" of east TX. Hot breakfast included. Mexican food, mall shopping, etc. in walking distance. Comfortable beds with fridge,microwave and coffee in room.

• Stayed April 2013
Royse City, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Ok, I travel alot and stay at many Hotels throughout the year. So it takes something really special to impress me. Front Desk Staff members: Jessica M. and LaMacus were a true value to the Hotel and to my stays. Yep, stayed couple of times and each time Jessica was there to meet my request if I had them, or just a pleasant conversation to pass the day. And LaMarcus and Jessica was always ready to greet me with "Hello, how is your day?" "If anything I can help you with please let me know!" And it was "So Real!" because that's who they were, not because they were paid to say that.
Most Hotel personnel may say this, But when Jessica and LaMarcus greeted thier guest, it was like a friend coming home. Really could feel like this was 'Their Hotel' and they wanted to make a difference in your stay. Because of their positive attitude my day was a little more pleasant. (Side Note: Positive Attitudes are contagious! Don't work for any Hotel chain, just a business traveler who appreciates Great People and Hope the Hotel chain can recognize Great Potential!)

Room Tip: Choose a King Suite! Very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longview, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear terryc765,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were welcomed by a very nice young man who checked us in. Our room was large and very clean. Free wifi, coffee pot in room, comfy easy chair, and the beds were great. Choice of pillows marked soft or firm. Breakfast was served in nice dining area and more than adequate in the selection of things to eat.

Room Tip: The hotel sits at an angle near the highway. Our room faced the front and was very quiet. Friends...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stay at this hotel everytime I travel to Longview. Jessica is the most courteous, friendliest and helpful person I have had the pleasure to meet in my travels. I will continue to stay at this hotel as long as Jessica and the staff are so adominate amount making me feel like at I'm at home.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Akron
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great experience! Super clean hotel. Friendly staff.

Convenient location close to restaurants.

Room very nice. Very good breakfast selection.

Elevator is a bit slow but not a deal breaker.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Our stay was a "walk-in" and the desk service was quick and very helpful. The hotel was clean, complimentary breakfast was decent and the price is right.

We will stay there again on our next trip through Longview.

• Stayed August 2012